Did you mean: 

Which card companys use Equifax?

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Which card companys use Equifax?

@TheGardner wrote:
Freeze EX and TU then "most" will pull EQ

True I agree with u. That strategy worked for me with Discover, BOA and MCU...that's what I do to get creditors pull whatever report I want them and it has always been successful. 

Message 11 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

It's a bit much to expect everyone to list out every possibility and the CRA used can also depend on one's location.  I suggest Googling and looking at the credit pulls database.

+1.   Just in case it's not clear to the OP: While there are some issuers that mainly/nearly always pull from one CRA, such as Amex on EX and Barclays on TU (and double pulls are still possible from these), many of the big issuers vary their pulls by region, so issuer X might pull EQ in CA, but TU in ME.  The credit pulls database contains people's self-reported experience, on what was pulled, their score, and success (with CL) or failure for that app.

Message 12 of 15
robbulous
Regular Contributor

Discover is the only one that's pulled it for me. Most pull Experian in Texas. Chase will pull EQ in addition to Experian if you're borderline.

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 13 of 15
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

USAA pulls Eq

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 14 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Some credit pulls are obvious, like Amex pulling EX or Barclays pulling TU, but most are not.  A Citi applicant in New York may take a different pull than one in California, so a lot of it has to do with geography.  A few EQ for me:

Discover

FNBO

Commerce Bank

Comenity

KeyBank

Huntington

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.