Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card do you envy?

tag
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Which card do you envy?

In the spirit of the new year I am curious as to what card others consider the most desirable and are working towards and for what reason do you envy that card?  Rewards, generous CLI's etc. Bank or store branded?  Happy New Year!

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Which card do you envy?

Want a Amex
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, The Costco AMEX -

- there's no annual fee, just keep an annual membership with Costco and we shop there ALOT, so it would be nice to earn a little something for rewards while shopping there so much anyways.

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're looking forward to a Costco Amex, too.

For us, it'll be the last half of 2012.  But we've been members of Costco for mmmm five years? so we'll enjoy the backdating on that card.

Message 4 of 31
andre181
Established Contributor

My credit goal for the year is to get an AMEX credit card. I would like Blue, Blue Cash, or Clear.

I got my Zync in July 2010 so I am going to wait until July or August to app for one of those cards. I am waiting so long for some inq's to fall off.

I don't really have a reason that I want one, I just do! lol

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 5 of 31
Hollywood80
New Contributor

AMEX CENTURION aka The Black Card. Biggest waste of money IMO. I have 2 pals with this highly coveted piece of machinery and its perks far surpass anything Ive ever seen. Im nowhere near that league but my envy lays with the Amex Plat charge card. Dunno why at $450 annual fee. Already have the Plat Delta Amex and I absolutely love it. Besides the $150 charge, get free companion tickets and I always use them on holidays. Delta is always overbooked so I usually give up my seat and get more tickets lol. 

Message 6 of 31
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I just started on building credit so it'll be a while before I can attain my dream cards.

That said I have been eyeing on Cap 1 Cash Reward for sometimes. 2% cashback on gas/grocery and no foreign transaction fee.

I do want to get an AMEX as well, debating on Clear or BofA AMEX Cash Reward. Blue Cash is out of my way since I don't spend a lot.

Message 7 of 31
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

AMEX SPG because I usually stay at one of their hotels and love the starpoints program.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Costco Amex

But just an FYI I do not believe they back date your account to your Costco date. It would be awesome if I am wrong

Message 9 of 31
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

They backdated on my former Delta Amex to when I became a member of the Skymiles program. Why wouldn't they on the Costco?

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.