Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card do you envy?

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Re: Which card do you envy?

Yeah... I guess

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 21 of 31
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

oh yes, and Household Bank PLATINUM (hsbc). it is black and says "PLATINUM" in large shiny bold print accross the top. you can only be pre selected to get this card.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 22 of 31
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I'll just spray my Zync to save the $2500 annual fee.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 23 of 31
mross1080
Established Contributor

I want Nordstrom. Its the only card left that I wanted and dont have. Have to stop apping for at least 6 months before I can hope for an approval.

Message 24 of 31
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

do you make alot of nordstrom purchases? and this is a store card right?

Message 25 of 31
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Once I get my utility down to 20% and my inquiries down to under 5, I want:

AmEX Cosco True Earnings

Citi Forward Platinum MC

Discover More

I will probably have to close several of my store cards though, I have soo many of them that were opened in 2009. 

The Children's Place

New York & Co.

Macy's

Restoration Hardware

Pottery Barn

The Room Place

I love them all but at least two of them have to go.  I don't want to get scolded for too many accounts as I already have 14 revolving accounts, which includes my newly opened accounts that are not reported yet.  I'd be pushing 20 accounts if I actually was approved for the 3 cc's above and didn't close any, that's just way too many accounts. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 26 of 31
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@trumpet-205 wrote:

I just started on building credit so it'll be a while before I can attain my dream cards.

That said I have been eyeing on Cap 1 Cash Reward for sometimes. 2% cashback on gas/grocery and no foreign transaction fee.

I do want to get an AMEX as well, debating on Clear or BofA AMEX Cash Reward. Blue Cash is out of my way since I don't spend a lot.

FWIW, I just got the Cap 1 Cash Reward card a couple of months ago and have been really happy with it. I'm rebuilding, and it feels great to have a rewards card -- of any type! -- while I'm doing so. I've been using it to pay for anything that I would normally purchase -- gas, groceries, utility bills, holiday spending, etc. -- and already I've been able to earn enough cash back to offset the $39 AF. I've had to make payments at least once, usually twice, a week because the CL is so small, but since I can pay online it's been quite manageable. From my experience, I would recommend this card if you're looking to build/re-build credit.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 27 of 31
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Kiwill, citi foward is a platinum visa. Closing your store cards won't do you any good, in fact, closing may only hurt your chances. It doesn't matter many cards you have, as long as you manage them well, creditors will see you in a more positive light. its the age of accounts that matter, not how many you have.
Message 28 of 31
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

If it helps, only close accounts that have not yet reported; that way you may be able to prevent a new account reporting, giving you freedom to opt for a more lucrative card. But then again if I were you, I would just wait 6 months, because hard pulls instantly post to your credit report.
Message 29 of 31
hunter399
New Contributor

I'm looking forward (short term) to an American Airlines Citi or HiltonHonors Amex. 

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.