cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card gives best rewards when you purchase airfare/hotel?

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Which card gives best rewards when you purchase airfare/hotel?

Or which card gives better reward for airfare, which is better for hotels.. Don't have to be the one card..

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Which card gives best rewards when you purchase airfare/hotel?

There are a lot of choices for airfare however the AMEX PRG is near the top, as for hotels it's normally the hotel branded cards. (Hyatt for hyatt, spg for spg etc)

Message 2 of 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:
Or which card gives better reward for airfare, which is better for hotels.. Don't have to be the one card..

This question i am not sure the answer to. I think prg if you book directly thru airlines you get 3x. Barclay Arrival+ is 2x on everything and CSP  gets 2x on all travel, which i would assume be hotel and airfare. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 4
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Depends on your spend.  If you are doing massive amounts of spending on airfare AND massive amounts on one brand of hotels, then the PRG is the best for airfare (at 3x MR/$) but it carries a $175 annual fee and a specific hotel branded card (whatever branded card that matches the branded hotels you use - i.e. Hyatt or Marriott).

Honestly, the CSP is the best of both worlds because it gives you 2 UR/$ on any travel and only has an annual fee of $95.  With either the PRG or the CSP - you need to make sure the travel partners that they have are what you would normally use - else the cards aren't worth it no matter how many points you get.

The Arrival+ gives you 2.22% back on all your purchases and lets you redeem those rewards against any travel, but if you value MRs and URs at $0.02 a piece the PRG earns you 6% back on airfare and the CSP earns you 4% back on travel and hotels.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.