Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card is best for airline miles.

tag
amanda1266
Valued Member

Which card is best for airline miles.

My finance and I have started traveling alot more and from reading these forums and others I have come to realize that credit cards give airline miles rewards.

So I was wondering which one is best for this.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Which card is best for airline miles.

No right answer to this.  But generally Amex PRG and Chase Sapphire Prefferred are pretty high on the list.  Amex SPG also.

thepointsguy.com, frugaltravelguy.com, millionmilesecrets.com, boardingarea.com/blogs/mommypoints, boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfromthewing, boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime, milepoint.com, flyertalk.com.

Happy reading.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's going to depend on how much you spend and in what categories?  Are you already in a frequent flier program?  Chase Sapphire Preferred and the Amex charge cards are top choices, but they have different partners to transfer points to.  Also, the Sapphire rewards dining with double points while the Amex PR Gold rewards gas, grocies, and airfare with bonus points.  But, the Amex PR Gold is $175 to the Sapphire's $95.  You'll have to find a card that works best with you, there is no universal best card.

Message 3 of 5
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Do you live in or near a city that is a hub for a particular airline? If so it might make sense to apply for a specific airline card. For flexibility amex and csp are probably the best.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have Chase Freedom and CSP all of the points you earn on Freedom become transferrable 1:1 to airline partners. So the rotating categories can earn you 5 miles/dollar up to $1500 (6000 miles)  each quarter.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.