cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card or other finance option for iPhone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card or other finance option for iPhone?

Financing should not incur an HP.

I haven't purchased a device from AT&T in 4 years and am no longer a customer. At the time, it did require a contract. I don't know what their policy is now.
Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. They will HP you when they setup new service. This is not uncommon, though. Verizon HPs you for membership, if I recall... and I just took an HP from ADT to get a freaking alarm system put in... Smiley Mad

Yes, Verizon & ADT do HPs.

The same thing happened to me, jdt. I specifically asked the salesperson if it was a SP or HP. She told me it was a SP. Imagine my surprise when I got the alert about a new inquirySmiley Frustrated

Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. The ADT guy CHARMINGLY said "can I run a gentle inquiry on your credit?" I assumed he meant soft.

He did not mean soft.
Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Financing should not incur an HP.

I haven't purchased a device from AT&T in 4 years and am no longer a customer. At the time, it did require a contract. I don't know what their policy is now.

Thanks for answering my questions. 

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. They will HP you when they setup new service. This is not uncommon, though. Verizon HPs you for membership, if I recall... and I just took an HP from ADT to get a freaking alarm system put in... Smiley Mad

Ugh. I did not know that. Is it the same type of HP like a CC? Where it takes 2 years for it to drop off?

Carriers do a (HP) credit check when you first sign up.  Mainly to see that you haven't burnt other companies and have some credit history.   With a postpaid plan, you can quickly incur huge charges (calls from international places, charge numbers etc) so they want to make sure you are somewhat likely to pay.

Sucks! I'm fairly certain I want to switch to T Mobile.. hate that I'll have to take an HP for that though.. 

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes. The ADT guy CHARMINGLY said "can I run a gentle inquiry on your credit?" I assumed he meant soft.

He did not mean soft.

The one thing this board has taught me above anything else is never assume anything and always ask direct question(s). 

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did. He said soft. Luckily, it was for the house we bought a month ago, so I don't even care anymore. The mortgage is DONE. Smiley Happy
Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't need the financing and like the extended protection through Double Cash, use it. Enjoy your new phone!Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.