cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card should I apply for or should I wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card should I apply for or should I wait?

I would like to get a decent CC with a CL of at least $2k... Below is my current info... I have very low inquiries for each CRC.

FICO --- TU (692) EQ (669)
1 unpaid Judgment on both reports (except EX) from '04
4 paid chargeoffs from '05

Current CC's

Orchard - $545
Hooters - $945
Capital One - $1750 (2 accounts combined)
Direct Rewards - $300
Bloomingdales - $500
Best Buy Store card - $500
Zero balances on all cards. PIF each month...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Which card should I apply for or should I wait?

@Anonymous wrote:
I would like to get a decent CC with a CL of at least $2k... Below is my current info... I have very low inquiries for each CRC.

Current CC's

Orchard - $545
Hooters - $945
Direct Rewards - $300
Bloomingdales - $500

How old is your credit history & what's the AAoA? 

If you have a history with your bank, that might be a good place to start.  That's where I got my first decent card after my repair journey began.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Current CC's

Orchard - $545
Hooters - $945
Direct Rewards - $300
Bloomingdales - $500

How old is your credit history & what's the AAoA? 

If you have a history with your bank, that might be a good place to start.  That's where I got my first decent card after my repair journey began.

Thanks for your reply! My credit history is 8 years, 2 paid off car loans (as cosigner) and 1 current auto lease (never late). My problem is that I messed up 5-6 years ago Smiley Sad

I currently bank with Chase, but recently opened up a new account with a smaller bank offering 4.25% on checking (no fee). So my relationshp is quite new.

Message 3 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your reply! My credit history is 8 years, 2 paid off car loans (as cosigner) and 1 current auto lease (never late). My problem is that I messed up 5-6 years ago Smiley Sad

I currently bank with Chase, but recently opened up a new account with a smaller bank offering 4.25% on checking (no fee). So my relationshp is quite new.

Just curious...who's your new bank?  Local or National sized?

Well...maybe go in to your bank (chase...with the longer history) & ask them what you can get.  If you havevery few inq, one shouldn't knock you back.  I took a hit on EQ with chase the other day, but I already had 2 on EQ this year...Smiley Sad

Even if you lose a couple points, a new TL will be good. Little dip down, then UP UP UP!\

**Oh, and for goodness sake...don't feel bad about messing up a few years ago!  We all did!  That's why we're here!!!

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-20-2009 01:06 PM
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious...who's your new bank?  Local or National sized?

Well...maybe go in to your bank (chase...with the longer history) & ask them what you can get.  If you havevery few inq, one shouldn't knock you back.  I took a hit on EQ with chase the other day, but I already had 2 on EQ this year...Smiley Sad

Even if you lose a couple points, a new TL will be good. Little dip down, then UP UP UP!\

**Oh, and for goodness sake...don't feel bad about messing up a few years ago!  We all did!  That's why we're here!!!

My new bank is local, Provident Bank of NJ...

Not a bad idea, I may just wander over to my local Chase branch tomorrow to see what they can do. Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Check your pm's  Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

I am here and I have never messed up.

Message 7 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@GomerPyle wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

I am here and I have never messed up.

Sure....one bad apple......  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy  JK

Message 8 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Current CC's

Orchard - $545
Hooters - $945
Direct Rewards - $300
Bloomingdales - $500

Somehow I don't see Chase buying off on this, but they might. Is it worth a hard INQ to find out. You could get a lowish CL and then be faced with another hard INQ for a CLI later. Have you tried the BofA pre-app site yet? That might work. You could get some info without getting harded.

Message 9 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't waste an inquiry on Chase with that many negatives on your reports. BofA in this climate might be tough too. I would wait see what you can do to goodwill that stuff off of your reports.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.