Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Which card should I apply for or should I wait?

I would like to get a decent CC with a CL of at least $2k... Below is my current info... I have very low inquiries for each CRC.

FICO --- TU (692) EQ (669)
1 unpaid Judgment on both reports (except EX) from '04
4 paid chargeoffs from '05

Current CC's

Orchard - $545
Hooters - $945
Capital One - $1750 (2 accounts combined)
Direct Rewards - $300
Bloomingdales - $500
Best Buy Store card - $500
Zero balances on all cards. PIF each month...
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,267
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Re: Which card should I apply for or should I wait?


PharmaStockman wrote:
I would like to get a decent CC with a CL of at least $2k... Below is my current info... I have very low inquiries for each CRC.

FICO --- TU (692) EQ (669)
1 unpaid Judgment on both reports (except EX) from '04
4 paid chargeoffs from '05

Current CC's

Orchard - $545
Hooters - $945
Capital One - $1750 (2 accounts combined)
Direct Rewards - $300
Bloomingdales - $500
Best Buy Store card - $500
Zero balances on all cards. PIF each month...

How old is your credit history & what's the AAoA? 

 

If you have a history with your bank, that might be a good place to start.  That's where I got my first decent card after my repair journey began.



Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 12.19.14

New Contributor
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Which card should I apply for or should I wait?


BungalowMo wrote:

PharmaStockman wrote:
I would like to get a decent CC with a CL of at least $2k... Below is my current info... I have very low inquiries for each CRC.

FICO --- TU (692) EQ (669)
1 unpaid Judgment on both reports (except EX) from '04
4 paid chargeoffs from '05

Current CC's

Orchard - $545
Hooters - $945
Capital One - $1750 (2 accounts combined)
Direct Rewards - $300
Bloomingdales - $500
Best Buy Store card - $500
Zero balances on all cards. PIF each month...

How old is your credit history & what's the AAoA? 

 

If you have a history with your bank, that might be a good place to start.  That's where I got my first decent card after my repair journey began.


Thanks for your reply! My credit history is 8 years, 2 paid off car loans (as cosigner) and 1 current auto lease (never late). My problem is that I messed up 5-6 years ago :smileysad:

 

I currently bank with Chase, but recently opened up a new account with a smaller bank offering 4.25% on checking (no fee). So my relationshp is quite new.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,267
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Re: Which card should I apply for or should I wait?

[ Edited ]

PharmaStockman wrote:

Thanks for your reply! My credit history is 8 years, 2 paid off car loans (as cosigner) and 1 current auto lease (never late). My problem is that I messed up 5-6 years ago :smileysad:

 

I currently bank with Chase, but recently opened up a new account with a smaller bank offering 4.25% on checking (no fee). So my relationshp is quite new.


Just curious...who's your new bank?  Local or National sized?

 

Well...maybe go in to your bank (chase...with the longer history) & ask them what you can get.  If you havevery few inq, one shouldn't knock you back.  I took a hit on EQ with chase the other day, but I already had 2 on EQ this year...:smileysad:

 

Even if you lose a couple points, a new TL will be good. Little dip down, then UP UP UP!\

 

**Oh, and for goodness sake...don't feel bad about messing up a few years ago!  We all did!  That's why we're here!!!

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-20-2009 01:06 PM


Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 12.19.14

New Contributor
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Which card should I apply for or should I wait?


BungalowMo wrote:

PharmaStockman wrote:

Thanks for your reply! My credit history is 8 years, 2 paid off car loans (as cosigner) and 1 current auto lease (never late). My problem is that I messed up 5-6 years ago :smileysad:

 

I currently bank with Chase, but recently opened up a new account with a smaller bank offering 4.25% on checking (no fee). So my relationshp is quite new.


Just curious...who's your new bank?  Local or National sized?

 

Well...maybe go in to your bank (chase...with the longer history) & ask them what you can get.  If you havevery few inq, one shouldn't knock you back.  I took a hit on EQ with chase the other day, but I already had 2 on EQ this year...:smileysad:

 

Even if you lose a couple points, a new TL will be good. Little dip down, then UP UP UP!\

 

**Oh, and for goodness sake...don't feel bad about messing up a few years ago!  We all did!  That's why we're here!!!

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-20-2009 01:06 PM

 

My new bank is local, Provident Bank of NJ...

Not a bad idea, I may just wander over to my local Chase branch tomorrow to see what they can do. Thanks!

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,267
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Re: Which card should I apply for or should I wait?

Check your pm's  :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 12.19.14

Regular Contributor
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎03-17-2009
0

Re: Which card should I apply for or should I wait?


BungalowMo wrote:

 

**Oh, and for goodness sake...don't feel bad about messing up a few years ago!  We all did!  That's why we're here!!!

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-20-2009 01:06 PM

I am here and I have never messed up.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,267
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Re: Which card should I apply for or should I wait?


GomerPyle wrote:

BungalowMo wrote:

 

**Oh, and for goodness sake...don't feel bad about messing up a few years ago!  We all did!  That's why we're here!!!

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-20-2009 01:06 PM

I am here and I have never messed up.


Sure....one bad apple......  :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:  JK



Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 12.19.14

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Which card should I apply for or should I wait?


PharmaStockman wrote:
I would like to get a decent CC with a CL of at least $2k... Below is my current info... I have very low inquiries for each CRC.

FICO --- TU (692) EQ (669)
1 unpaid Judgment on both reports (except EX) from '04
4 paid chargeoffs from '05

Current CC's

Orchard - $545
Hooters - $945
Capital One - $1750 (2 accounts combined)
Direct Rewards - $300
Bloomingdales - $500
Best Buy Store card - $500
Zero balances on all cards. PIF each month...

Somehow I don't see Chase buying off on this, but they might. Is it worth a hard INQ to find out. You could get a lowish CL and then be faced with another hard INQ for a CLI later. Have you tried the BofA pre-app site yet? That might work. You could get some info without getting harded.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Which card should I apply for or should I wait?

I wouldn't waste an inquiry on Chase with that many negatives on your reports. BofA in this climate might be tough too. I would wait see what you can do to goodwill that stuff off of your reports.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.