cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card should I choose? CSP or ??

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??

So these are the only 3 cards you're considering for this round?

Are you holding off on Fidelity Amex because FIA pulls EX as well? Or you don't think that card will benefit you as much

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 31 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

I really wasn't going to app for anything this soon. The Walmart/Discover upgrade is the reason why I even thought about shaking off the dirt. As far pulling EX, I am not really that concerned. I'll have to see where Fid Amex will fit with my cc's.
Message 32 of 58
enharu
Super Contributor

Ah I see. I was debating about whether to apply for fidelity Amex.

After much thought, I figured I'm better off charging misc. charges to my CSP as well. Even though it's just 1UR per dollar, I can milk each UR for >3ccp easily, so essentially it's >3% cashback even for basic purchases. Hopefully my Math didn't fail me.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 33 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Between Freedom, Discover, Amex and ? I think I'm pretty covered. Next year, I'll probably add a revolver.
Message 34 of 58
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Between Freedom, Discover, Amex and ? I think I'm pretty covered. Next year, I'll probably add a revolver.

FIA Amex would render your Walmart -> Discover upgrade moot.  Actually so would the CSP I think Smiley Happy.  

I haven't quite understood the forum member's desire to upgrade their Wally store cards to the Discover version, is there something I'm missing as even for me and my wretched credit report, a 1% flat rewards card is a tradeline farm for me?

        
Message 35 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Revelate

The Fid Amex was briefly on my radar but I don't see the need if I add the CSP. Like I said between the PRG and CSP, I can't really justify the FidAmex.

As far the Wal/Discover upgrade, I'll probably use it as much as I used the store card. For me, it'll be a util card and I'm going to keep thinking of it as the store card. I have the It so I am not hung up on the 'Discover' name.
Message 36 of 58
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Are you up early to go get that CSP?? Smiley Happy

*8/10/13
Message 37 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 38 of 58
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Haha! No, just a nite owl

Dang it...I thought I finally caught someone climbing the fence!!

*8/10/13
Message 39 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Nope. I'm going to the bank later to talk with my banker. No need to scale the fence tonight. Plus, myjourney gave me a day pass.
Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.