Reply
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,981
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


dodfire wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Haha! No, just a nite owl

Dang it...I thought I finally caught someone climbing the fence!!


This is so funny...of all people to catch a fence jumper ha ha ha 

+ Chase ink =




Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,981
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


09Lexie wrote:
Nope. I'm going to the bank later to talk with my banker. No need to scale the fence tonight. Plus, myjourney gave me a day pass.

Confirmed 

+ Chase ink =




Frequent Contributor
Posts: 387
Registered: ‎06-15-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


myjourney wrote:

dodfire wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Haha! No, just a nite owl

Dang it...I thought I finally caught someone climbing the fence!!


This is so funny...of all people to catch a fence jumper ha ha ha 


Come on! Be bad with us. And by us I mean the others, I'm on lock down. I can feel the ERTs eyes on me, :smileytongue:

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,981
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


hutchj wrote:

myjourney wrote:

dodfire wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Haha! No, just a nite owl

Dang it...I thought I finally caught someone climbing the fence!!


This is so funny...of all people to catch a fence jumper ha ha ha 


Come on! Be bad with us. And by us I mean the others, I'm on lock down. I can feel the ERTs eyes on me, :smileytongue:


Get back in the garden on my way there to take attendance Lol

+ Chase ink =




Frequent Contributor
Posts: 387
Registered: ‎06-15-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??

[ Edited ]

myjourney wrote:

hutchj wrote:

myjourney wrote:

dodfire wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Haha! No, just a nite owl

Dang it...I thought I finally caught someone climbing the fence!!


This is so funny...of all people to catch a fence jumper ha ha ha 


Come on! Be bad with us. And by us I mean the others, I'm on lock down. I can feel the ERTs eyes on me, :smileytongue:


Get back in the garden on my way there to take attendance Lol


LOL! I'm a gettin, I'm a gettin!

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??

@myjourney

I couldn't believe dodfire was trying to catch me either! :smileylol:

@hutchj

I'm still on the 'fence' -I'll let you guys know if I take a long jump.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,981
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


09Lexie wrote:
@myjourney

I couldn't believe dodfire was trying to catch me either! :smileylol:

@hutchj

I'm still on the 'fence' -I'll let you guys know if I take a long jump.

I was like...oh no he didn't say that not him Lol:smileylol:

+ Chase ink =




Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,553
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


enharu wrote:

Hmm.

Really depends.

 

Benefits Explorer has over CSP:
1. Primary rental coverage. Nice to have if your rent cars frequently, useless if you don't.

2. Free checked bags (1 for primary holder, 1 for companion). This feature can save up to quite a bit of money after several flights

3. Priority boarding.  Not so much a game-breaking perk, but nice to have if you frequent United.

4. 2 free club passes. Think that's worth around $16 for each pass on eBay.

5. Based on very limited info, Chase seems to be more generous with CL when it comes to co-branded card.

 

Benefits CSP has over Explorer:
1. Points can be used for more than just flights, though if your hotel of choice is Hilton, then it's not so much that big of a deal since UR cannot be transferred to Hilton. But just in case you're flying via other airlines, the UR points gives you flexibility when it comes to point transfers.

2. 2X dining. If you dine out a lot, this can help accumulate points fast.

3. 7% dividend. Always nice to have free extra points.

4. UR Mall. I'm not sure if United has a feature like this. If it does then disregard this, unless the points disparity is high.

5. I hate to say this but someone will bring it up eventually. It's metal.

 

 


Great breakdown...thanks!

 photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsn7s31edo.jpg
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.