09Lexie

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??

Senior Contributor
Open123

Naturally, I'd be a proponent of getting both!  In my view, I see two options:

1.  If one, CSP.  Larger bonus, points transfer to UA, SW, Hyatt, etc...has a cash equivalent value with more pts earning potential. 

2.  If two, then Explorer first.  Then, CSP afterwards.  Accrue points for both, cancel UA then next year and consolidate CL into the CSP for a larger CL.  After consoldation, if fee isn't worth it, downgrade to no fee Sapphire, but with large CL intact.

I'd say go for both!  :smileywink:

Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

dodfire wrote:

Well well well :smileyhappy:

I go to sleep a few hours and look what happens..

LOL!

Super Contributor
enharu

Open123 wrote:

Naturally, I'd be a proponent of getting both!  In my view, I see two options:

1.  If one, CSP.  Larger bonus, points transfer to UA, SW, Hyatt, etc...has a cash equivalent value with more pts earning potential. 

2.  If two, then Explorer first.  Then, CSP afterwards.  Accrue points for both, cancel UA then next year and consolidate CL into the CSP for a larger CL.  After consoldation, if fee isn't worth it, downgrade to no fee Sapphire, but with large CL intact.

I'd say go for both!  :smileywink:

+1 :smileyvery-happy:

Oh, you could try get the United Club 1st year AF waived too so that's also a viable option.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
09Lexie

@Open123

Use the 'pre-approval for CSP and then app for Explorer.....hmm
Contributor
ElCamino

I'd go with the CSP.

If you've got the Freedom already, then the combo will generate you a ton of UR points.

The CSP has more versatility, and when you're not flying you can still use the points other ways.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Super Contributor
enharu

If you app for both same day, there's a chance it will be only 1 HP on each bureau! 

Chase been double / triple pulling quite a bit, so 2 apps for total of 2 HPs sounds like a great deal :smileyhappy:

Or you could it dodfire-style and app for 3-4 cards :smileytongue:

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Senior Contributor
Open123

09Lexie wrote:
@Open123

Use the 'pre-approval for CSP and then app for Explorer.....hmm

When it comes to points, more is well...more.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

You know my thoughts were CSP but open has a very good point about both and then canceling one after the year.

That being said I'm changing my opinion to both...Blame Open Lexie Lol

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

09Lexie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}