Reply
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,620
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


dodfire wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Haha! No, just a nite owl

Dang it...I thought I finally caught someone climbing the fence!!


This is so funny...of all people to catch a fence jumper ha ha ha 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,620
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


09Lexie wrote:
Nope. I'm going to the bank later to talk with my banker. No need to scale the fence tonight. Plus, myjourney gave me a day pass.

Confirmed 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Frequent Contributor
hutchj
Posts: 387
Registered: ‎06-15-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


myjourney wrote:

dodfire wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Haha! No, just a nite owl

Dang it...I thought I finally caught someone climbing the fence!!


This is so funny...of all people to catch a fence jumper ha ha ha 


Come on! Be bad with us. And by us I mean the others, I'm on lock down. I can feel the ERTs eyes on me, :smileytongue:

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,620
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


hutchj wrote:

myjourney wrote:

dodfire wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Haha! No, just a nite owl

Dang it...I thought I finally caught someone climbing the fence!!


This is so funny...of all people to catch a fence jumper ha ha ha 


Come on! Be bad with us. And by us I mean the others, I'm on lock down. I can feel the ERTs eyes on me, :smileytongue:


Get back in the garden on my way there to take attendance Lol

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Frequent Contributor
hutchj
Posts: 387
Registered: ‎06-15-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??

[ Edited ]

myjourney wrote:

hutchj wrote:

myjourney wrote:

dodfire wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
Haha! No, just a nite owl

Dang it...I thought I finally caught someone climbing the fence!!


This is so funny...of all people to catch a fence jumper ha ha ha 


Come on! Be bad with us. And by us I mean the others, I'm on lock down. I can feel the ERTs eyes on me, :smileytongue:


Get back in the garden on my way there to take attendance Lol


LOL! I'm a gettin, I'm a gettin!

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,954
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??

@myjourney

I couldn't believe dodfire was trying to catch me either! :smileylol:

@hutchj

I'm still on the 'fence' -I'll let you guys know if I take a long jump.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,620
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


09Lexie wrote:
@myjourney

I couldn't believe dodfire was trying to catch me either! :smileylol:

@hutchj

I'm still on the 'fence' -I'll let you guys know if I take a long jump.

I was like...oh no he didn't say that not him Lol:smileylol:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Valued Contributor
indiolatino61
Posts: 1,479
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: Which card should I choose? CSP or ??


enharu wrote:

Hmm.

Really depends.

 

Benefits Explorer has over CSP:
1. Primary rental coverage. Nice to have if your rent cars frequently, useless if you don't.

2. Free checked bags (1 for primary holder, 1 for companion). This feature can save up to quite a bit of money after several flights

3. Priority boarding.  Not so much a game-breaking perk, but nice to have if you frequent United.

4. 2 free club passes. Think that's worth around $16 for each pass on eBay.

5. Based on very limited info, Chase seems to be more generous with CL when it comes to co-branded card.

 

Benefits CSP has over Explorer:
1. Points can be used for more than just flights, though if your hotel of choice is Hilton, then it's not so much that big of a deal since UR cannot be transferred to Hilton. But just in case you're flying via other airlines, the UR points gives you flexibility when it comes to point transfers.

2. 2X dining. If you dine out a lot, this can help accumulate points fast.

3. 7% dividend. Always nice to have free extra points.

4. UR Mall. I'm not sure if United has a feature like this. If it does then disregard this, unless the points disparity is high.

5. I hate to say this but someone will bring it up eventually. It's metal.

 

 


Great breakdown...thanks!

 photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zps2390ab7f.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}