Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card should I try for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card should I try for?

I know OP has already applied for the Freedom, but in the current environment, I would absolutely apply for Discover IT. OP might still be able to jump in the double cash back promotion, which will make the IT more valuable for the next year than Venture and Freedom put together.

OP, I'm guessing that your scores are actually higher now than when you reported them. If you only had two cards prior to closing, it is likely that the mortgage game your scores a hefty boost.
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santi78342 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I couldn;t wait.  I pulled the trigger.  APPROVED!  Chase Freedom!

Congratulations! What limit did you receive?

It was only $1500.00 but I will take it!  I have been rebuilding for over a year starting at 550 with 2 charge offs.  All has been taken care off with the exception of a couple medical bills that I am working on.  I have 100% payment history on all my accounts.  Might be that I have a car loan with them that I have made all payments on time for two years.  Their pre-qual offers were way better than Capital One which is who I have my secured card through.  I have no late payments at all on my credit reports.  Just those few medicals.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I know OP has already applied for the Freedom, but in the current environment, I would absolutely apply for Discover IT. OP might still be able to jump in the double cash back promotion, which will make the IT more valuable for the next year than Venture and Freedom put together.

OP, I'm guessing that your scores are actually higher now than when you reported them. If you only had two cards prior to closing, it is likely that the mortgage game your scores a hefty boost.

I am afraid to apply for Discover.  I have heard they are hard to get if you don't already have a decent limit bank card.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am afraid to apply for Discover.  I have heard they are hard to get if you don't already have a decent limit bank card.

They are not hard to get into but bear in mind, Discover and Freedom as alike.  Although Discover edges it a bit, but not much. Assess your needs and decide for yourself if it is a card you want..

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I got my Discover (last summer), they gave me a 1K limit, my only other card at the time was a $650 Wells Fargo, and a closed $500 BofA secured.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I am going to wait until I get my first mortgage payment under my belt.  I have not recieved anything from them yet and my first payment is due in 20 days.  I don;t want to screw that up.lol

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I am going to wait until I get my first mortgage payment under my belt.  I have not recieved anything from them yet and my first payment is due in 20 days.  I don;t want to screw that up.lol

Don't feel the need to get the card.  Do what you are most confortable with..

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I am good with what I have for right now.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh come on, go for it! I need some app action. Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh come on, go for it! I need some app action. Smiley LOL

Peer pressure.  I can't take it!lol

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.