Frequent Contributor

Which card should I use for upcoming trip....

Dumb question, but this question is for those who are experts at maxxing out on rewards. I am flying to Hawaii from Atlanta for Christmas. The tickets for my daughter and I are about $2500 total. Unfortunately, Southwest does not fly to Hawaii yet, because I'd use my Southwest card to pay for it. I do not want to apply for any more cards because I'm buying a house in February/March. So, with the cards I have now, which one should I buy them with? WIll any of them give me better rewards than the other? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Belk ($2.5k) CSP VS ($5k) Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage WEMC ($13k) Citi HHonors VS ($11k) HHonors AmEx ($2k) Dillard's AmEx ($7.5k) Discover it ($3.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($20k) Gold Delta SkyMiles AmEx ($9.5k) Macy's AmEx ($5k) Macy's ($1k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Military Star MC ($15k) Nordstrom VS ($10k) PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ($15k) Ritz Carlton VS ($35k) Starwood Preferred Guest AmEx ($2k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($14k) Walmart Discover ($7.5) Arrival + WMC ($12.5k) Wells Fargo Visa ($3k)
Senior Contributor

Re: Which card should I use for upcoming trip....

Get a CSP and use it :-). You'll get $500 bonus reward travel if you app in branch and spend $2k in 90 days.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

resilient wrote:

Dumb question, but this question is for those who are experts at maxxing out on rewards. I am flying to Hawaii from Atlanta for Christmas. The tickets for my daughter and I are about $2500 total. Unfortunately, Southwest does not fly to Hawaii yet, because I'd use my Southwest card to pay for it. I do not want to apply for any more cards because I'm buying a house in February/March. So, with the cards I have now, which one should I buy them with? WIll any of them give me better rewards than the other? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Chase for the UR points 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/2013
Super Contributor

I would use freedom and maybe buy thtru their rewards mall to get some cash back maybe 2 or 3%

EX Fico 791 1/7/15 Fako 801 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 2/27/15 808 CK fako 807 2/7/15
TU Fico Barclay's 3/26/15 791 TU fico walmart 3/23/2015 788 Fako 808 Creditkarma 3/23/15
Frequent Contributor

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Get a CSP and use it :-). You'll get $500 bonus reward travel if you app in branch and spend $2k in 90 days.

Thats what I was going to say. I understand you don't want to apply for any cards but CSP would be best. Of the cards you have you might just want to use the freedom as someone else said for the UR points. I am from Hawaii, going back next month or December, depending on work. $2500 for 2 tickets sounds a little much, who did you book with?

Frequent Contributor

I JUST finished researching it, and saw that I'll get 2% extra from UR Mall. Thanks a lot guys!
Belk ($2.5k) CSP VS ($5k) Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage WEMC ($13k) Citi HHonors VS ($11k) HHonors AmEx ($2k) Dillard's AmEx ($7.5k) Discover it ($3.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($20k) Gold Delta SkyMiles AmEx ($9.5k) Macy's AmEx ($5k) Macy's ($1k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Military Star MC ($15k) Nordstrom VS ($10k) PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ($15k) Ritz Carlton VS ($35k) Starwood Preferred Guest AmEx ($2k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($14k) Walmart Discover ($7.5) Arrival + WMC ($12.5k) Wells Fargo Visa ($3k)
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

resilient wrote:
I JUST finished researching it, and saw that I'll get 2% extra from UR Mall. Thanks a lot guys!

:smileywink:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/2013
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]
Going to book with United; they're the cheapest for 24 December-30 December. The other airlines were between $150-300 more for their lowest rates. Going to book on UR Mall.
Senior Contributor

Yeah!
You get a 20% discount when using points on UR for that kinda stuff,
So are you gonna app CSP? Huh huh huh? Lol
:-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]
lol, CSP is my next card, I'll app for it in March. I just can't app right now because I am going to prequal for a mortgage and need some accounts to age and inquiries to fall off. Then I'll be in the dilemma of whether to keep my Southwest card, since I fly them exclusively and often, unless of course I'm flying to Hawaii, which they don't service yet.... Soon, but not soon enough. Also don't want two annual fee cards...my 6,000 anniversary points are better than CSP's zero....
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.