Regular Contributor
GTT

Which card should be used for medical bills to get the best rewards or cashback?

Please advise~~~I have FIA 2% and Cap1 QS 1.5%.

Not sure whether there are cards which give more on medical bills.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Which card should be used for medical bills to get the best rewards or cashback?

GTT wrote:

Please advise~~~I have FIA 2% and Cap1 QS 1.5%.

Not sure whether there are cards which give more on medical bills.

nope

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
user5387

Re: Which card should be used for medical bills to get the best rewards or cashback?

If carrying a balance, the rewards are moot.

If not, I don't know of anything above 2%.

CareCredit has deferred interest plans, where if you pay everything in a fixed time, you avoid interest.  If you don't, then the interest is retroactive.

Regular Contributor
GTT

Thanks.

I see there are cards for categories like Pharmacies, Utilities. Strange there is no one for Medi bills.

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
-NewGuy-

Some travel cards can give you more than 2% in value, depending on how you use them.

Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

Depending on who does the processing for medical bills, some MAY be coded as a charity (like a non-profit hospital, doctors office, or clinic).

In that case, I believe us banks cash+ give 5% and Huntington bank gives 3% if you choose the charity as your category. Otherwise, go with a straight 2% cash back card. If you're a GM lover there's the GM card through capital one for 5% on first $5000 and 2% after, however the rewards can only be applied toward a new car. Like some other posters mentioned, if you have a favorite travel card that you know you can get more than 2x value per point on, may be a very useful venture!
Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

FICOS: EX 744 EQ 718 TU 733 Credit Karma (TU) 785 Transrisk 809/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 766 Credit.com (EX) 764 VantageScore 3.0 719 Quizzle (EQ) 721

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}