@Anonymous wrote:

In my wallet i've got 

QS- 2000

Discover- 1500

Fairwinds -1000

Merrick Bank- 1000

QS- 850 

Sears store card- 500

Refinancing my car in two weeks, but once i do that i'm thinking of going on an app spree. What do you guys recommend? Can i get an Amex? I check the prequal sites for Amex and Chase daily and none pop up. I'm opted in, though i do have a fraud alert on my TU report that i don't believe is on my other ones. Not sure if that would affect anything. 

For Those On Mobile. 

8/01 EX- 692 TU- 691 EQ- 669 
Inquiries EX-6 TU- 8 EQ- 15
1.5 years Since Last Late payment
Oldest ACC- 2.4 Yrs AAOA- 1 year
Goal: 700 across the board

I think you would be better advised to get one  card, rather than go on a spree.

I would suggest the Barclays Rewards card it you're not going to use it for cash advances or balance transfers.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Which card should i go for?

@Anonymous wrote:
I read on cap ones site and a few other places that there is a limit on the amount of cards you can have with them.

The limit is 5.

Message 12 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checked the Chase prequal site, it shows im prequalified for freedom, slate, and sapphire. Do people have good experiences with the site? Five of my six cards have been opened in the last year. with only my 2k qs opened more than 2 years ago 

Their prequalification is considered reliable.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

By spree I mean probably opening at most 3 New cards. I just don't really want to wait a few months to app for a card(or cards) because in 12 months I plan on buying a new car. And I would like a clean 12 month span from September to September of inquiries.

I wouldn't refi my car if I didn't need to, but the interest is literally 80 dollars more per month than its about to be and it's just one inq.

I just want to pick the right cards. I'm thinking two of Chase/Amex/Barclay and one of the Venture cards. I know Venture does a triple pull, but the starting line if approved would be awesome.
Message 14 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which card should i go for?

As with any thread asking for recommendationsm what are you specifically looking for?  You need to provide your criteria to narrow down the options.

@Anonymous wrote:

Can i get an Amex?

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm thinking two of Chase/Amex/Barclay

Do not select a creditor and then try to justify a card.  Use your criteria to select specific products that suit your needs/wants.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
and one of the Venture cards

No, not "one" of the Venture cards...exactly the "Venture" card.

Do not get cheap on the annual fee and make the mistake of getting the VentureOne.  The VentureOne limits aren't all that great...it's the "Venture" that has great starting limits.  

Pick up the Venture to end your mini-spree since it's the easiest to get.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well there isn't necessarily a need for any certain type of card. Rewards would be fantastic, daily, like with the Discover or Freedom, I already have Discover however. Freedom would likely make the most sense of any Chase cards since i dont have any need for a BT anytime soon so Slate is likely out the window.

A travel card would be nice as i do plan on Travelling at some point later this year, and much more going forward(new job started this past feburary which has gotten all finances in order) Thats where the Venture idea comes in(which i now know, only the 'VENTURE') Maybe sapphire preffered instead? But the High SL with venture would be awesome.

And I would really like to get in with AMEX, Ideally with a solid reward card like the Blue cash ED, or even just the ED.

With my Fairwinds i receive 2% on Gas and groceries

Discover the rotating categories

Cap1 Everyone knows about the QS

Merrick/Sears have a garbage APR andbad rewards So they're never used

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.