Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card to apply for?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Which card to apply for?

I'd say approved regardless, but your high utilization is the difference between a $2k cl and $10k cl.
Pay you util down to <50%($3400 of cc debt)
Or 30%
Or most ideal 9%
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 15
wahine33

Many thanks for all your assistance. Iʻve got the picture; reduce the utilization % . . .

youngandcreditworthy, when you say "approved regardless," did you have a particular card in mind?

Since Iʻm a newbie unfamiliar with some of the terminology (but learning quickly!): what does "AAoA or AAoOA" mean?.

I fly Hawaiian Air the most; interisland and mainland flights - but Iʻve applied for their card in the past when my util was lower and my credit score about 710, but was rejected, probably because of the bankruptcy.

I generally fly coach but sometimes biz class; lots of international flights, mostly to Pacific island destinations (Tonga, Samoa, Fiji etc) as that is where my work takes me.

Message 12 of 15
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Aaoa = average age of accounts

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 13 of 15
FaaastCash
Established Member

Always shop around to get the best deal when choosing the card to apply for. Know the terms and conditions of credit that you agree to when you apply for the credit card, that may affect your overall cost. Compare terms and fees before you apply. Know your credit limit and transaction fees, if any, before to avoid confusion.

Message 14 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Util is 35% of your CS and 71% with a bk - no matter how old- is not good.

You may not need to get your util down to 10% because of your AAOA but the lower the better.

To app now and receive less than favorable terms wouldn't do you any good if the cl is low, apr is high and you need to take HPs just to get to an acceptable cl.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.