cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card to get? Amex Platinum, Amex PRG or Citi Prestige?

tag
dilettante
Established Contributor

Re: Which card to get? Amex Platinum, Amex PRG or Citi Prestige?

@DrZoidberg wrote:

I've been reading that Citi Prestige has cut back some benefits like the companion ticket and the points "dividend" is it still worth it after all that?

Companion ticket perk is no longer available. I still have it until October of this year because I got the card before the card benefit change in October of 2014 but last time I tried to use it, I didn't like the choices given for flights - seems like the online system was trying to find the cheapest flights and no direct.  The extra flights points program is gone and the dividend points have been reduced - can't remember the exact details.  But Citi seems to be very generous with their courtesy points, I've gotten over 35-40K courtesy points for all sorts of "inconveniences" both minor and annoying quirks in their system.

I would say it's still worth it for what the Prestige still offers, especially if you need to transfer points to Singapore, Flying Blue, Virgin, Hilton or use it for AA.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.