Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card to get rid of for CSP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card to get rid of for CSP?

One thing I want to add is that i'm open to the idea of moving from 5 to 6 cards, only if it's with one of the banks I currently have (WF, Chase, Discover, Citi, Barclaycard). I don't want to have to track more logins and accounts with different banks. It's a little much sometimes.

DC I am certainly open to closing. As I stated, I have no love for Citi. I only use the DC because it's my best card I have.

An additional bit of information, I don't think I would be eligible for the Cit AA card. I had one about 4 or 5 years ago and got a bonus then.  

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I just feel the same way about citi that the op does...if they're gonna make csp their primary why worry about it, even on 1x categories should be able to get close to 2cpp value

I only use my csp on travel and dining and have a 2% card for everything else but I'm also ok with having 10-15 cards

Depends in what succession they can acquire the Freedom and CSP.

It seems that it is much easier to get a cobrand+chase brand on the same day than it is to get two chase brand.

I'm not personally worried about getting both Freedom and CSP if I applied in January of next year. At worst, i'd just move my limit from my United card and close it, assuming I went down the CSP/Freedom route. In January of next year almost all my current inquiries will have lost any impact, so I don't see why my FICO score shouldn't be around 780.

Message 12 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

If you don't paricularly need more AA miles but want to stop the ones you have expiring, you can use the AA Mall, https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/

You can use any credit card, buy something small every 18 months, and keep your miles.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.