Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card to start rebuilding?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card to start rebuilding?

I'm not 100% sure of all my scores, but a year ago they ranged from 620 - 650 with a few old bad debts still on.  Since then those have dropped off.  Only 1 open car loan paid on time for 2 years.  Which unsecured card would be good to apply for to start rebuilding?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card to start rebuilding?

Perhaps the Capital One Platinum?  They seem to me to be the best of the unsecured rebuilders.  Also, if you have a relationship with a CU, or know of one in your area, you may start there.

Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not 100% sure of all my scores, but a year ago they ranged from 620 - 650 with a few old bad debts still on.  Since then those have dropped off.  Only 1 open car loan paid on time for 2 years.  Which unsecured card would be good to apply for to start rebuilding?

I would try a Cap1 Green cash back for average credit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All useless conjecture until you pull a current report and tell us what is on it...  AAoA (if you have "a few old bad debts" they still factor in), previously burned companies, number of baddies, etc.  Can be the difference between NFCU and First Premier in terms of what you should pursue.  Plenty of people here to help, given the right information. :-)  good luck!

Message 4 of 6
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd agree with Jau. Right now you have no clue where you are sitting at.

You should at least get your EQ FICO score so you can have a better picture of where you stand with FICO rather than just tossing darts at a board in the dark.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All useless conjecture until you pull a current report and tell us what is on it...  AAoA (if you have "a few old bad debts" they still factor in), previously burned companies, number of baddies, etc.  Can be the difference between NFCU and First Premier in terms of what you should pursue.  Plenty of people here to help, given the right information. :-)  good luck!

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.