Established Member
-twice-

Which card to use as primary

[ Edited ]

Thanks to this board I just compleed my first Spree.  Before I started I only had one card in my wallet; a capital One with a $500CL (headed to the shelf).  Now I have 50K in new CL (Included 15k Nav Check).  I am not sure which to begin using as my primary:

1.5K  Chase Freeedom

25K  NFCU Flagship (Visa Sig)

1K  SPG AMEX

7.5K  NFCU Cash Rewards

Although I think the flagship has the best points, I really want to make sure I am in a good position for CLI on the Chase and AMEX.  Will my usage matter?

Any suggestions?

Valued Contributor
TiggerDat

Re: Which card to use as primary

-twice- wrote:

Thanks to this board I just compleed my first Spree.  Before I started I only had one card in my wallet; a capital One with a $500CL (headed to the shelf).  Now I have 50K in new CL (Included 15k Nav Check).  I am not sure which to begin using as my primary:

1.5K  Chase Freeedom

25K  NFCU Flagship (Visa Sig)

1K  SPG AMEX

7.5K  NFCU Cash Rewards

Although I think the flagship has the best points, I really want to make sure I am in a good position for CLI on the Chase and AMEX.  Will my usage matter?

Any suggestions?

Use the one with the best rewards for the complimentary purchase.  For example, if you get 5% on restaurants and it is the quarter for that at Chase, then use Chase.  With what you have in limits, don't worry so much about the others with lower limits for now, in time it will be OK.  Put a little on them each month and PIF.

Rethink every purchase you make, before you make it. Use the card with the best rewards. Pay in full each month. Redeem rewards often. Use the cards online shopping for more discounts. Smile, knowing that being thrifty allows you to actually get more out of the same amount of money!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}