Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card to use for rewards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which card to use for rewards?

Hello! Im trying to decide whether to use my logix fcu card in order to get a CLI from them since I just got the card last month or whether to use the capital one for 1.5 percent cash back or to use the barclay rewards card which I also just got last month. I do use my target card but prices are better at walmart and I do use cc for everything during the month like restauraunts,gas, and my bills. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card to use for rewards?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! Im trying to decide whether to use my logix fcu card in order to get a CLI from them since I just got the card last month or whether to use the capital one for 1.5 percent cash back or to use the barclay rewards card which I also just got last month. I do use my target card but prices are better at walmart and I do use cc for everything during the month like restauraunts,gas, and my bills. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Don't you get 5% off with Target?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes but some brands that i like they dont have and some prices are 5% higher. also i spend too much when i go to target so i limit it for that reason as well. im big on trader joes which is fairly economical also so im wondering which card is smarter to use in those cases. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yes but some brands that i like they dont have and some prices are 5% higher. also i spend too much when i go to target so i limit it for that reason as well. im big on trader joes which is fairly economical also so im wondering which card is smarter to use in those cases. 

Trader Joe's is economical? Smiley Happy

Barclay Rewards may be the ticket here then.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep great produce and cheap comparitively but then again i dont buy the expensive stuff there. also they have great meat and not too pricey either. maybe i have cheap taste LOL! i just did a balance transfer so the card has 1200 on it with a limit of 1900 so i wasnt sure if i should wait for my bonus at the end of the month to pay it off and then start using it or just use it now?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yep great produce and cheap comparitively but then again i dont buy the expensive stuff there. also they have great meat and not too pricey either. maybe i have cheap taste LOL! i just did a balance transfer so the card has 1200 on it with a limit of 1900 so i wasnt sure if i should wait for my bonus at the end of the month to pay it off and then start using it or just use it now?

Use it. They won't mind.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay! thanks nixon!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

rewards card was great, you get 2x for utilities, so I paid my cellphone bill with it. also 2x for groceries, so I used safeway pharmacy instead of cvs or walgreens. Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.