cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card will earn my the most cash back?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card will earn my the most cash back?

IMHO, CapOne's triple pull isnt worth $100 up front over Citi DC's single EX or even EX/EQ pull.
Message 21 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
IMHO, CapOne's triple pull isnt worth $100 up front over Citi DC's single EX or even EX/EQ pull.

That really depends on your current inq state and your app plans.   The $100 is actual cash, and you may not feel that one or two extra inqs are going to materially impact you (especially if you have few inqs and/or don't plan much apping)

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess.

Id feel better about CapOne if they double pulled EQ/TU instead. Smiley Wink
Message 23 of 28
PointLager
Established Contributor

if you're seeing cash back for nex year I woul consider Fidelity Amex. 2% cash back.   No fee.

The only "hassle" is you need to have/open a fidelity checking account (free), otherwise the CB is 1%.   You need 5000 points before they do a deposit, so the $2500 spend gets you the $50.    It also works with BofA's World Points mall.    When shopping online I switch it up between Chase, Barclays and World Points, depending on the rebate. 

Or you can look farther into the future and focus on building up your non-cash points.   So, depending on which carriers/hotels you prefer you can focus on those. Something like SPG comes to mind.

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would reccomend the Citi Double Cash Card for everyday cards Capital One Quicksilver. 

For Amazon, Gas, Groceries I would reccomend the Barclay Sallie Mae Card. 

If you eat out I would reccomend the Chase AARP as you would get 3% cash back on dining. 

Message 25 of 28
NRB525
Super Contributor

The Discover card is going to be useful for 5% on gas in Q1, then food (dining?) in Q2.

The Freedom card is going to be useful at the grocery store for 5% in Q1, then to be determined the rest of the year, one of the remaining quarters is probably 5% on gas.

unless you are looking for the one do-it-all card. In which case, good luck with that Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 26 of 28
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Sallie Mae for the first $250 each month for gas and groceries, if your spending is more than $250 a month in these categories consider a second Sallie Mae, its been reported to be allowed, but could get confusing to manage. For  back dating purposes consider AMEX BCP and 6% on groceries, and 3% on gas but the card does come with a $75 AF. For eating out use your CSP for 2% rewards, best way to rack up points for future travel.   

Oops forgot to add if you do get the BCP card you can add a couple hundred dollar is resturant gift cards to each shopping trip for 6% cash back on resturants. The consenses is that since the rewards are capped amex won't be bothered, I haven't had any issues doing it over the last 3 years. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

Sallie Mae for the first $250 each month for gas and groceries, if your spending is more than $250 a month in these categories consider a second Sallie Mae, its been reported to be allowed, but could get confusing to manage. For  back dating purposes consider AMEX BCP and 6% on groceries, and 3% on gas but the card does come with a $75 AF. For eating out use your CSP for 2% rewards, best way to rack up points for future travel.   

Oops forgot to add if you do get the BCP card you can add a couple hundred dollar is resturant gift cards to each shopping trip for 6% cash back on resturants. The consenses is that since the rewards are capped amex won't be bothered, I haven't had any issues doing it over the last 3 years. 

I believe there are sites online where you can get GC's for $0.80-0.90 / $1.00, It's what I use for starbucks, plus pay w/Discover for UP TO 24% off.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.