Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card would you recommend?

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Which card would you recommend?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a payment due on the 19th and thinking of paying the one card at 18% down below 10% prior to that. My mortgage LO gave the go ahead for doing that.

That should be fine. The main thing to avoid is every card reporting a zero balance; that causes a noticeable score ding. One card reporting a small balance with the rest reporting zero optimizes one's score. But in your case, you're already approved. The only thing you don't want is for your score to go down before you close.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thus why I am leaning toward making no sudden moves until after close. There's no hurry other than impatience and discipline is the answer to that. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the game of home finance No sudden moves. No new appications, no cli, No Au's I would even be weary of paying anything down.  Many years ago when we bought first home we got in trouble when we had enough cash to pay 10% down instead of the 5% and they had to rework the loan.    They had to go back to underwriter.  We thought they would like the larger downpayment.  Delayed everything for about 2 or 3 days. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the sage advice. I think I'll sit until after closing. I got a little excited yesterday. Discipline!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.