Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards are easier to get?

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Which cards are easier to get?

I am not apping for a long time but I am just wondering if you had to rank these 4 cards in terms of easiest to hardest to get which order would you put them in. Also which cards are more willing to do a recon and which cards are more willing to give out higher credit lines. Furthermore, which of the cards is more forgiving with past baddies like late payments. I have tried looking at who gave me credit but that site is very poor and most people dont put their credit scores. I know its a ymmv thing but just wondering what everyone thinks. So here are the 4 cards:

1. AMEX PRG

2. DISCOVER IT

3. CHASE FREEDOM

4. CHASE AMAZON

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Which cards are easier to get?

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Also which cards are more willing to do a recon

Chase is general tends to be willing to recon.

Message 2 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Also which cards are more willing to do a recon

Chase is general tends to be willing to recon.

Yes.   Also I think the experience here is that, in general, Discover won't start you out with a high CL (obviously there are many exceptions).

PRG as a charge card is easier than Amex CC, but not sure how easy compared to say Freedom.   

Also, it sounds as if the baddies are lates rather than COs, but if you burned Amex, then almost no chance with them for a long while.

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

I am not apping for a long time but I am just wondering if you had to rank these 4 cards in terms of easiest to hardest to get which order would you put them in. Also which cards are more willing to do a recon and which cards are more willing to give out higher credit lines. Furthermore, which of the cards is more forgiving with past baddies like late payments. I have tried looking at who gave me credit but that site is very poor and most people dont put their credit scores. I know its a ymmv thing but just wondering what everyone thinks. So here are the 4 cards:

1. AMEX PRG

2. DISCOVER IT

3. CHASE FREEDOM

4. CHASE AMAZON

1. Amex PRG

2. Chase Amazon

3. Discover iT

4. Chase Freedom

Message 4 of 7
k-s
Regular Contributor

+1. Charge cards are almost always easier to get, Chase has lower underwriting requirements for Amazon than Freedom, and (in my experience), Discover is easier and more generous with CL than Freedom, especially for students or credit newbies.
EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 5 of 7
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone! Any idea on why chase amazon is easier to get than the freedom? Or what is the min score for chase amazon?

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Thank you everyone! Any idea on why chase amazon is easier to get than the freedom? Or what is the min score for chase amazon?

The Amazon Visa is slighly easier to obtain than Freedom.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.