cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards are prime cards and when should I apply for them?

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Which cards are prime cards and when should I apply for them?

First off, you need to get a real credit score from here for example.  Get the Equifax FICO score.  Those scores you quoted can be up to 100 points off.

2nd, as a student candidate you look great as you have decent income and student.  As a normal applicant, I think you look pretty limited as your income is low and you have a fairly short credit history.

Given that I recommend:

1) You apply for Discover for Students which you should have real good shot at getting.  A regular Discover might be challenging.

2) AMEX: I think AMEX revolver (eg blue cash) might be too hard for you to get.  I think you would have decent chance at Zync if it meets your needs.

3) Chase: They don't have a student card per say.  Get your real FICO and be able to give you more advice.  If I was to do any card, I would apply for Freedom as student with income.

Overall, I think you are doing a great job.  When you graduate and get full time job with higher income, you will be able to get almost any card.  It might be a little iffy until then.  Personally, I would do the Discover for Student and then AMEX Zync and then Chase Freedom.  If rejected from Amex and Chase, I would hold off apping for another year or until you graduate.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 12
Mendoric
Established Member

Re: Which cards are prime cards and when should I apply for them?

My scores I checked them here for TU and EQ and the EX is from the other website I mention. And I think I'm just going to wait a couple months.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.