Valued Contributor
Crashem

Re: Which cards are prime cards and when should I apply for them?

First off, you need to get a real credit score from here for example.  Get the Equifax FICO score.  Those scores you quoted can be up to 100 points off.

2nd, as a student candidate you look great as you have decent income and student.  As a normal applicant, I think you look pretty limited as your income is low and you have a fairly short credit history.

Given that I recommend:

1) You apply for Discover for Students which you should have real good shot at getting.  A regular Discover might be challenging.

2) AMEX: I think AMEX revolver (eg blue cash) might be too hard for you to get.  I think you would have decent chance at Zync if it meets your needs.

3) Chase: They don't have a student card per say.  Get your real FICO and be able to give you more advice.  If I was to do any card, I would apply for Freedom as student with income.

Overall, I think you are doing a great job.  When you graduate and get full time job with higher income, you will be able to get almost any card.  It might be a little iffy until then.  Personally, I would do the Discover for Student and then AMEX Zync and then Chase Freedom.  If rejected from Amex and Chase, I would hold off apping for another year or until you graduate.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Established Member
Mendoric

Re: Which cards are prime cards and when should I apply for them?

My scores I checked them here for TU and EQ and the EX is from the other website I mention. And I think I'm just going to wait a couple months.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}