Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards are really good about BTs?

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Which cards are really good about BTs?

My BOA promo apr is about to end and I have about 1800 that I want to transfer?  I'm looking for a card with a good BT offer.  Any suggestions?
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which cards are really good about BTs?

Do you have a card from a CU? I just got rate jacked by BofA and did a BT to my CCCU card and got 3.90 for the life of the transfer. Also no BT fee...I love CCCU!
Message 2 of 5
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Have you looked at http://www.cardtrak.com/cards ?
Message 3 of 5
Established Contributor

++++
@sammyfire2001 wrote:
My BOA promo apr is about to end and I have about 1800 that I want to transfer?  I'm looking for a card with a good BT offer.  Any suggestions?

I would avoid transferring balances from BoA credit cards if at all possible. You might receive some sort of AA. At very least BoA very likely might limit future auto pre-approved CCLIs. 

If you want to transfer a balance from BoA, I would suggest getting a 0% for 12 month Chase card. You could verify upon (phone) app that you will receive  a welcome package which includes a check that you can deposit into your checking account.

When you receive the Chase card you will have a few months to deposit the check. You can time the deposit of the check in such a manner that BoA can be paid and report to the bureaus before the Chase check gets reported to the bureaus. You would have a short period of no balances involved in the "transfer" appearing on your reports.

You would not appear to be "rearranging debt" at least as far as computer programs might be concerned.

You credit reports would show BoA being paid in full before you borrowed some money from Chase. It would help if you could pay a substantial extra amount from your own funds to BoA so that the Chase balance is smaller than the BoA pay off.

BoA who doesn't like people who BT away from BoA should not mark you as a rate surfer if you use the Chase BT check option. BoA will then still treat you as a person who has the means to pay off his debts without borrowing elsewhere. 

That means that you will more likely avoid BoA CLDing you. In fact Boa might make you more offers to get you to eventually BT from Chase.  Smiley Wink

The last thing you want to happen in this credit climate with BoA, is for a (new card) balance to appear on your credit reports before that balance gets applied to your BoA account.  Not only will your total outstanding balance (temporarily) spike, your Fico Score might take an extra hit, and BoA could possibly take some kind of adverse action.

Even if you were to have no immediate adverse action, (by doing a conventional BT) rest assured that BoA might not "LUV" you as much in the future.

The Chase way is the safe way. Smiley Very Happy   ......Those two banks are big time rivals. They will definitely compete with each other for your business. 

Of course your Fico scores and credit history must be good for Chase to approve your app.

Message 4 of 5
notmyname
Regular Contributor

My experience with BOA is that I have three accounts , all with twenty plus limits. I have BTed on and off these cards at will depending on where my best landing point is. One of these cards is currently a good landing spot with zero interest for fifteen.

I actually don't BT much, but I'm not afraid to do so. I receive every limit increase I request by site button. Some of which have been quite large and in spite of the fact at one point about two years ago they told me I had enough from them. Their own response was to give me more.

They are a big dog but they don't necessarily bite.

NMN

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.