Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards consider HHI at app?

tag
dizzier
Established Contributor

Which cards consider HHI at app?

I'm looking for a new card to replace my Chase card. I've got great scores with no baddies and low balances on all my cards. My only problem is that my personal income is pretty low.

Which creditors consider HHI at the time of the app WITHOUT having to do a joint app? I know Amex does, but I already have an Amex.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Smiley Happy

ETA: I've got a BOA Worldpoints Visa, Chase Freedom, and AMEX Blue Cash.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Which cards consider HHI at app?

BofA did for me. That was in spring 2008; don't know if they've changed.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
dizzier
Established Contributor

I've got a BofA card already. I don't think they do anymore. The last time I tried for a CLI it only considered my income even though they allowed me to enter my HHI under other income. Go figure.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 7
dizzier
Established Contributor

Well, CitiBank considers HHI at app.

I just apped and got approved for the Dividend Platinum Select at 12.99% (lowest available rate) and a Cl of $9400. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dizzier - that's very helpful info!

Nice scores, btw Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 7
dizzier
Established Contributor

thanks scotty LOL Smiley Tongue

oh, just found out that Cap One also takes HHI. I didn't app for a card though...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dizzier wrote:

thanks scotty LOL Smiley Tongue   That made me laugh!

oh, just found out that Cap One also takes HHI. I didn't app for a card though...  Oh good.  I'll make a note of that one, too.  Although I'm not a great Cap One fan.

Thanks - this is a very helpful list.  It's great of you to post this info.  Doesn't look like any of the rest of us are all that helpful, though.

I can add Orchard, Juniper, Macy's, Dillard's, JCPenneys, Walmart to the list.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.