Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards do you see the most?

tag
Josh611
Regular Contributor

Re: Which cards do you see the most?

Disover IT by far. Making sure I can get the most out of this sign up bonus. Doing very well so far with Apple Pay bonus too. Guessing it will be about a $600 bonus after the year is up.

Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 51 of 56
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I'm still waiting to see my first Diners Club International card

Message 52 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Josh611 wrote:

Disover IT by far. Making sure I can get the most out of this sign up bonus. Doing very well so far with Apple Pay bonus too. Guessing it will be about a $600 bonus after the year is up.

The IT is by far the card you see others use the most?   Or are you answering another question, the card you use the most!

Message 53 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bz386 wrote:
I'm really confused by the people who insist on using cash. I can understand debit cards - fine, you are afraid or ignorant of credit. But cash? Really? I hate cash, it is so inconvenient carrying around all those notes and coins.

Using cash is, for these people, a good way of keeping spending in check.   Just like people are scared of credit cards getting them into debit, some are also scared that debit cards will cause them to spend  too much (the fear with ccs is that you spend money you don't have, with debit you spend money needed for other things!)

And there have been studies showing people do tend to spend more when using any kind of plastic.    Handing over say 4 $20 bills for a [your choice here] makes the transaction seem more real than swiping or inserting.

Message 54 of 56
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@bada_bing wrote:

I split my time between Alaska, Seattle and Tucson.

Alaska Air visa is the most common card around Anchorage. It seems like everyone who can

qualify for any card has an AKAir visa.

I see Alaska Air visas occasionally around Seattle. Chase seems to have the biggest market share,

with Amex not far behind. A few Discover, BOA and Cap one cards too.

In Tucson, it is mostly local CU offerings. Older folks show Amex fairly frequently. More obvious

debit cards than major bank credit cards for sure.

One thing that is curious is that Wells Fargo is the most prevalent brick-n-mortar bank in

all three areas but are a rare sight for credit cards. I occasional see what looks like a WF

debit card but I may have never seen a WF credit card. Chase has a pretty good credit card

presence, but it doesn't follow their banking footprint. Chase cards are common in Seattle and

also some in Alaska, Chase is thin for banks in Seattle and non-existent in Anchorage. Chase

has a branch on every corner in Tucson but very few CC's to show for it.

I have never seen a Sallie Mae in the wild, nor maybe any Barclays card.

Mirrors what I see in Seattle, but Chase is very prevalent in this area.  Every 5 miles, and lots of branches in the suburbs.  My local CU is much further away than Chase, and where I lived before, they were both there.  It's why you see a lot of Chase cards.  Wells Fargo does not really market, and the number of branches here has gone down (during the 2008 debacle, closings with Key Bank).  Plus, Wells likes debit use.  But commercials for Alaska Airlines and Chase cards on TV, plus many mailers for BOA cards, is why you see what is popular here.  And yes, have not seen any barclays.

Signature needs updating
Message 55 of 56
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Josh611 wrote:

The IT is by far the card you see others use the most?   Or are you answering another question, the card you use the most!

We have a few of those in the thread.  Blame spiked holiday eggnog.  Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.