Valued Member
cattracks

Which cards don't grow for you?

I'm not sure what I have done wrong but I seem to have some cards that won't grow. My Target is $200 and has never grown in 2 years. My Walmart $225 and hasn't grown one penny since the inital credit line. My best buy mastercard hasn't grown- I think that is still at $500. (they actually said I don't have a best Buy card that will grow). Old navy $100 I believe and I have a couple others.

Ok all these cards are paid off. Get used some and paid off.

What am I doing wrong- why can't I get a higher credit line store card or why won't my little cards grow?

Frequent Contributor
illtakecreditforthat

Re: Which cards don't grow for you?

cattracks wrote:

I'm not sure what I have done wrong but I seem to have some cards that won't grow. My Target is $200 and has never grown in 2 years. My Walmart $225 and hasn't grown one penny since the inital credit line. My best buy mastercard hasn't grown- I think that is still at $500. (they actually said I don't have a best Buy card that will grow). Old navy $100 I believe and I have a couple others.

Ok all these cards are paid off. Get used some and paid off.

What am I doing wrong- why can't I get a higher credit line store card or why won't my little cards grow?

Unfortunately, your portfolio of cards are not known for CLIs (especially the Best Buy MC).

If you have good history with these cards (i.e. no lates, decent UTIL), trying applying for a "prime" card.  CITI Forward is a good starter card which will grow a lot quicker than what you've listed.

Do you know your FICO?  Your score will help determine what products are within your reach.

I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW
Frequent Contributor
DickC

Have you asked your card providers for CLI's?.
Regular Contributor
Justn

[ Edited ]
It's not your fault, the cards you listed don't grow. Not for most people anyway. I would suggest apping for a new card.
Message Edited by Justn on 07-28-2009 05:54 AM

Starting Score: 702
Current Score: 728
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
cattracks

I have tried for cli's and no luck. I have been paying down credit balances on my other cards as fast and as much as I can. I have made a dent in my balances but not all my other cards are paid off.

Some threads I read here say some are getting cli's and some cld's on thier cards in general. When will this all level out?

Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

What kind of scores do you have?

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Senior Contributor
score_building

GEMB has a reputation for toy limits that grow like molasses or not at all, of course there are some notable exceptions but compared to other issuers they often seem to come off as rather stingy with initial CL and CLI.  AFAIK, one doesn't fair any better with hsbc backed store cards.  while the economy is certainly a factor, the cards you mention appear to be from issuers who often offer low limits, even during good times.

you can find better cards for growth if you do some more reasearch here and other sources before applying.  it REALLY pays to get a better sense of the reputation of an issuer to ensure they uphold your agenda for growth, etc.  it can make the difference between a great fit and a rather disappointing pairing with a low limit clunker that may never grow.  i have one with capital one 400 to 750 in 8+ years :smileysad:

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}