tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Which cards get the most attention?

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I get comments on most of the time on my CSP how heavy it is and pretty and how to get it. 

and on my Amex Gold/Green how on the same is just has my first inicial and last name. (people are like how did you do that)

Actually the PRG did get some commentary.

I like the look of my PRG, but wasn't going to pay the AF to look at it. Besides I still can look at it anytime I want, I just can't use it. Heh. 

Senior gold is only $55.

True, but still not worth the AF for me IMO. Not going to pay a single cent for a card if it doesn't do anything for me but look pretty. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 61 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I get comments on most of the time on my CSP how heavy it is and pretty and how to get it. 

and on my Amex Gold/Green how on the same is just has my first inicial and last name. (people are like how did you do that)

I like the look of my PRG, but wasn't going to pay the AF to look at it. Besides I still can look at it anytime I want, I just can't use it. Heh. 

Senior gold is only $55.

True, but still not worth the AF for me IMO. Not going to pay a single cent for a card if it doesn't do anything for me but look pretty. 

Do you have to be a senior to apply for that version of the Amex Gold?

Message 62 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope
Message 63 of 86
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ray8806 wrote:
Pnr98062- that's funny. Hahaha, I'm sure she was.

MSG- lol "MIT". Funny how they can gather that from a card.

That's because on the card there's a BIG picture of building 10 and it says "MIT Federal Credit Union".

Funny I never got that when I used my Harvard Alumni card. Tbf, the rewards sucked so much that i haven't used the card since I left Cambridge. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 64 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, Nix. One more question, where is the link for the application for the Senior Amex Gold? Is there a trick to it like there is with the original Blue Cash? When I google it, the only thing I can find is the cardmember agreement for the Senior Amex Gold, but not the application.

Message 65 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Senior gold is only $55.

I wish somebody had told me this before I married my ex. She did look pretty tho.

Message 66 of 86
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Nix. One more question, where is the link for the application for the Senior Amex Gold? Is there a trick to it like there is with the original Blue Cash? When I google it, the only thing I can find is the cardmember agreement for the Senior Amex Gold, but not the application.

You'd need to have a charge card already, and then ask for it to be converted to the senior gold, though you might as well get the senior green, since (if you choose to pay to add membership rewards onto one of the senior cards) they have the same rewards structure, but senior green is cheaper. 

Message 67 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You'd need to have a charge card already, and then ask for it to be converted to the senior gold, though you might as well get the senior green, since (if you choose to pay to add membership rewards onto one of the senior cards) they have the same rewards structure, but senior green is cheaper. 

This is the first I've ever heard about this, and it's fascinating. So they really don't care about converting it to a senior card even if you are nowhere near senior age?

Message 68 of 86
chwebb1
Established Contributor

At the moment, I only remember getting a comment on my beach design Discover card, and on my Blue Cash Everyday. All of my other cards are rather ugly(Sallie Mae, both Bank of America cards) or boring (Ring to an extent, but it's not awful, and Double Cash)

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 69 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cards never get any attention Smiley Sad

IMO, the QS card is decent looking, the Sallie Mae looks a lot better than in the pictures (although the rewards structure might be swaying that opinion), the TE card from Amex isn't bad looking, and the BankAmericard is bland.

Message 70 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.