Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards have chips?

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Which cards have chips?

I requested for my BoA signature card to have a chip and also the Chase Freedom with a chip (though I think Chase calls them "blink"? cards).

Any others?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: Which cards have chips?

Chips are standard on Citi Thank you premier and prestige. They can also be requested on Thank you preferred.

Message 2 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Chips are standard on Citi Thank you premier and prestige. They can also be requested on Thank you preferred.

I believe all Citi Mastercards can be chip-enabled by request.  Didn't know that till I did some resaerch yesterday.

This was a good list I found over on Nerdwallet:

• Andrews Federal Credit Union GlobeTrek Visa Rewards (Chip and PIN)
    • Anyone can join with a donation to the American Consumer Council
  • Bank of America (business cards)
    • Bank of America Corporate One (business)
    • Bank of America Community Bank cards (check and ATM)
    • Bank of America Corporate Travel (business)
    • Bank of America Executive One (business)
    • BankAmericard Travel Rewards (personal)
  • Chase
    • Chase British Airways Visa Signature
    • Chase Hyatt Visa Signature
    • Chase JPMorgan Select Visa Signature
    • Chase JPMorgan Palladium Visa Signature
  • Citi
    • All Citi MasterCards (Platinum Select, ThankYou preferred, etc), by request
    • Automatic on Citi Executive/AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • State Employees’ Credit Union SECU Visa Check (debit)
    • Limited eligibility, mostly North Carolina current and former state employees
  • Silicon Valley Bank World Elite MasterCard for Business
  • State Department Federal Credit Union
    • Anyone can join with a donation to the American Consumer Council
  • Travelex Cash Passport (prepaid)
  • United Nations Federal Credit Union Visa Elite
    • Limited eligibility, mostly UN employees and affiliates
  • US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa
  • Wells Fargo Platinum (being tested with a pilot group – not available to the general public)

        
Message 3 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

As an update to that list, BOFA also has more personal EMV chip cards than what's on the list, though I had to dig through to their all cards to find that.  Looks like I might be able to get the EMV chip on my 1-2-3 CashRewards card as soon as I graduate to unsecured.

Also the SDFCU ones are available on pretty much all of their Visa's, including the secured one by request according to one of their CS reps.

        
Message 4 of 8
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The new Citi Hilton Reserve has a chip as well

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 8
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

blink is a feature similar to paypass called tap and go its not a emv chip to be used overseas. I also have a emv chip on my 123 cash rewards card it has be requested they dont put them on their cards as a standard probably because of the cost.

amazon
Message 6 of 8
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

I believe all Citi Mastercards can be chip-enabled by request.  Didn't know that till I did some resaerch yesterday.

I just checked citi cards and the Citi Thank you premier online application is Visa.

Message 7 of 8
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I hate those damn chips. Blink and Paypass can stick it. It just makes your identity much more accessible to thieves who can walk by and scan your pockets with a device...BOOM identity STOLEN. Thank god I only have one card with it. If you're lucky enough to carry a allumiwallet around...you're ok.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.