Established Contributor

Re: Which cards offer generous C limit increases?

Open123 wrote:

2.  Chase seems to confer very high starting CLs.  CL increases are always a hard pull.

3.  Citi seems to have an automated CL increase every 6 months with moderate to good starting CLs--though not as high as Amex or Chase.

With limit increases per se, I'd have to say that Amex is without peer. 

I think a lot would say, when trying to get your first decent limit, citi is a little more generous than chase in that regard. Seem's they are more willing to beat your current high while with chase a lot of times you're lucky if they even match it.

It might be different for people with many established History of 10K+ lines.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Valued Member

If you can get in with Navy Fed, I would do it.

I got their Flagship Visa signature initial CL of $10K and got bumped to $17.5K a week later. My next highest CC initial CL is $6K on the Citi Forward, for comparison.

Starting Score: EX: 652 FICO | TU: ??? FICO | EQ ??? FICO
Current Score: EX: 760 FICO | TU: 737 FICO | EQ: 754 FICO
Goal Score:      EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Established Contributor

YahComb wrote:

Open123 wrote:

2.  Chase seems to confer very high starting CLs.  CL increases are always a hard pull.

3.  Citi seems to have an automated CL increase every 6 months with moderate to good starting CLs--though not as high as Amex or Chase.

With limit increases per se, I'd have to say that Amex is without peer. 

I think a lot would say, when trying to get your first decent limit, citi is a little more generous than chase in that regard. Seem's they are more willing to beat your current high while with chase a lot of times you're lucky if they even match it.

It might be different for people with many established History of 10K+ lines.

I'm becoming a fan of citibank services.Hoping to time that app just right.Was on citi's websites last night looking for the magic button which leads to special offers and pre-selections but didn't see one for them.Did give it a go at the Discover site and was pre-selected for three different Discover cards.Of course, pre-selections are not approvals. But it was nice to see my score attracted a certain criteria of card.Promising!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.