Established Contributor
YahComb

Re: Which cards offer generous C limit increases?

Open123 wrote:

2.  Chase seems to confer very high starting CLs.  CL increases are always a hard pull.

3.  Citi seems to have an automated CL increase every 6 months with moderate to good starting CLs--though not as high as Amex or Chase.

With limit increases per se, I'd have to say that Amex is without peer. 

I think a lot would say, when trying to get your first decent limit, citi is a little more generous than chase in that regard. Seem's they are more willing to beat your current high while with chase a lot of times you're lucky if they even match it.

It might be different for people with many established History of 10K+ lines.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-758(06/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 7.5K | Disc It 9K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yr AAOA: 25.8 mo
Valued Member
starboundphoenix

If you can get in with Navy Fed, I would do it.

I got their Flagship Visa signature initial CL of $10K and got bumped to $17.5K a week later. My next highest CC initial CL is $6K on the Citi Forward, for comparison.

Starting Score: EX: 652 FICO | TU: ??? FICO | EQ ??? FICO
Current Score: EX: 760 FICO | TU: 737 FICO | EQ: 754 FICO
Goal Score:      EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Established Contributor
MountainHiker

YahComb wrote:

Open123 wrote:

2.  Chase seems to confer very high starting CLs.  CL increases are always a hard pull.

3.  Citi seems to have an automated CL increase every 6 months with moderate to good starting CLs--though not as high as Amex or Chase.

With limit increases per se, I'd have to say that Amex is without peer. 

I think a lot would say, when trying to get your first decent limit, citi is a little more generous than chase in that regard. Seem's they are more willing to beat your current high while with chase a lot of times you're lucky if they even match it.

It might be different for people with many established History of 10K+ lines.

I'm becoming a fan of citibank services.Hoping to time that app just right.Was on citi's websites last night looking for the magic button which leads to special offers and pre-selections but didn't see one for them.Did give it a go at the Discover site and was pre-selected for three different Discover cards.Of course, pre-selections are not approvals. But it was nice to see my score attracted a certain criteria of card.Promising!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+