cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards offer generous C limit increases?

tag
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: Which cards offer generous C limit increases?

@Open123 wrote:

2.  Chase seems to confer very high starting CLs.  CL increases are always a hard pull.

3.  Citi seems to have an automated CL increase every 6 months with moderate to good starting CLs--though not as high as Amex or Chase.

With limit increases per se, I'd have to say that Amex is without peer. 

I think a lot would say, when trying to get your first decent limit, citi is a little more generous than chase in that regard. Seem's they are more willing to beat your current high while with chase a lot of times you're lucky if they even match it.

It might be different for people with many established History of 10K+ lines.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 11 of 13
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

If you can get in with Navy Fed, I would do it.

I got their Flagship Visa signature initial CL of $10K and got bumped to $17.5K a week later. My next highest CC initial CL is $6K on the Citi Forward, for comparison.

Starting Score: EX: 652 FICO | TU: ??? FICO | EQ ??? FICO
Current Score: EX: 760 FICO | TU: 737 FICO | EQ: 754 FICO
Goal Score:      EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Message 12 of 13
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

2.  Chase seems to confer very high starting CLs.  CL increases are always a hard pull.

3.  Citi seems to have an automated CL increase every 6 months with moderate to good starting CLs--though not as high as Amex or Chase.

With limit increases per se, I'd have to say that Amex is without peer. 

I think a lot would say, when trying to get your first decent limit, citi is a little more generous than chase in that regard. Seem's they are more willing to beat your current high while with chase a lot of times you're lucky if they even match it.

It might be different for people with many established History of 10K+ lines.

I'm becoming a fan of citibank services.Hoping to time that app just right.Was on citi's websites last night looking for the magic button which leads to special offers and pre-selections but didn't see one for them.Did give it a go at the Discover site and was pre-selected for three different Discover cards.Of course, pre-selections are not approvals. But it was nice to see my score attracted a certain criteria of card.Promising!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.