cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards offer the largest initial credit limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which cards offer the largest initial credit limit?

Based on my experience with NFCU, they would give you a decent limit.  I got $11.8k instantly, with the credit score you see in my sig, and a $45k salary. 

I see people getting large apporvals on both penfed/navyfcu a lot on the forums.  

Message 11 of 22
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As the subject states, which cards give you the largest limits to start? My Bankcard scores are in all in the high 750's and I was looking to get a new CC soon with a large limit.

hello - as stated there are several factors at play but you look pretty solid - one card that pops up on ocassion is the cap1 venture - I remember a few members that got 50K limits, it was like vegas here for a few weeks.  if I got 20K then you should get double lol.  go to their site and see if you pre-qualify - its pretty reliable.  good news is that cli's are sp, bad news is they hit all 3 cra's going in.  love it or hate it company but they work for me, no international fees and no hp cli.  go to the chase pre-qual and see if you pull up a csp, also big limit card.  good luck!

I do have a few Cap 1 cards already and have also read that the Cap 1 Venture card has given some good CL's to other forum members. I'll also check out Chase lke you said. Thanks!

sounds like you already know the gig; with your existing history + internal scoring etc w cap1, I cannot imagine you not getting a pretty decent sized venture scl. you can also combine to get a mega card - lots of options.  why dont you link to them and apply so we can all get some sleep ha-ha.  no really, post what happens

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was gonna combine the other cards to 1 with a 16k limit and also apply for the Venture card and hopefully get at least 10k.

Message 13 of 22
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was gonna combine the other cards to 1 with a 16k limit and also apply for the Venture card and hopefully get at least 10k.

great plan imo - if you have 16K with them then my god man what are you waiting for lol - really, if I had your scores I would totally take them out for a spin.  I bet you will fall out of bed with the cl you get.  post the results stat!

Message 14 of 22
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

I know Citi doesn't! 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 15 of 22
happypill
Valued Contributor

The highest I'm aware of is the United Nations FCU Elite Visa, which offers limits up to $100k.  I think there's a minimum income requirement though.

Of the more mainstream cards, I think the Venture has the most reports of people getting $50k starting limits, with $20-30k pretty commonplace.  Nasa FCU & Penfed seem to regularly offer $25-30k.

Message 16 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As the subject states, which cards give you the largest limits to start? My Bankcard scores are in all in the high 750's and I was looking to get a new CC soon with a large limit.

I would say Capital One Venture & NASA Federal Credit Union give out best starting limits

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture seems to have a pretty decent reputation for a high limit. I've had my eye on it for a while and can't wait to pull the trigger.

Message 18 of 22
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

With your scores I wouldn't expect any issues but you cannot rely solely on card and score for limit.  Even with FICO 8's into the 800's I've received lower than normal limits for me due to recent activity.  As that activity has aged off those limits have increased.

Why is limit your only consideration?  If you want to narrow down the options you'll need to use other selection critiera.  We can't guarantee that you'll get a limit of $X.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

With your scores I wouldn't expect any issues but you cannot rely solely on card and score for limit.  Even with FICO 8's into the 800's I've received lower than normal limits for me due to recent activity.  As that activity has aged off those limits have increased.

Why is limit your only consideration?  If you want to narrow down the options you'll need to use other selection critiera.  We can't guarantee that you'll get a limit of $X.

In this instance, limit is my main consideration due to the fact I will be moving soon and have some expenses to take care of and wanted a card with as high a limit as possible to keep my utilization down. I don't want to have to get 3 new cards as this will put a dent on my AAoA so I'd rather have 1 big card instead. I won't necessarily be needing a 20k or 50k limit or anything, but wanted to keep the util low. I know there are no guarantees when it comes to credit limits, just wanted to try to get as large a limit as possible. I'm not a big credit card spender and hardly ever have a balance above a few hundred dollars.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.