cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cards report to Additional cardholder's credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which cards report to Additional cardholder's credit?

I'd like to help repair my girlfriend's credit, can anyone say for certain which of the card's in my signature would report to her credit if I added her a card? Bonus- Which can I put a 'spending limit' on her card only? (Any that I can't, would go straight to the shredder upon confirming). Thanks in advance!

PCM Credit Union Platinum Rewards Mastercard
Citi Costco Go Anywhere Visa
Citi Doublecash World Elite Mastercard
Chase Freedom Visa Signature
Discover It
American Express Blue Cash Everyday
Fleet Farm Fleet Rewards Signature Visa
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Which cards report to Additional cardholder's credit?

The Discover and Citi DC wil report the AU but you can't set limits.  You can set a limit with Amex, but I don't know if this particular card can be set like that. Chase Slate does report, so I would think the Freedom would too. I have no idea about the other cards.

Message 2 of 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I know not all of these are in your signature. Chase, Citi, Discover, Amex, FNBO, Navy Fed, Capital One, Barclay's and Synchrony all report AU's. Navy Fed and Amex are the only two out of this list that allow you to set limits on AU's.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Fleet Farm card is issued by Synchrony, didnt include that earlier. Am thinking that I'll add her to Discover It, Chase Freedom, Citi DC, and AMEX BCE.. will shred the first 3, and give her enough of a limit for groceries and gas on the BCE. That will get one from each network and more than enough to help get her started... May also check with my CU to see if they report.. may be worth helping her build a relationship with them as well. Thanks for the info so far, any additional insight welcome.
Message 4 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Costco Anywhere Visa can set an AU's spending limit... think its the only Citi card that can

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/credit-card-spending-limit-for-authorized-users/

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm.. maybe will get her the BCE and Costco cards to start with, then she can actually use them for groceries and gas, respectively. Then possibly the CU card as well to help build that relationship.. shredded if I cant sent a limit.
Message 6 of 9
happypill
Valued Contributor

If your key objective is to help your GF repair her credit, there are some cards that allow you to add an AU without even issuing a card, or have the card shipped to you where you could put it away.  In that case, you wouldn't need to worry about setting a spending limit.

Message 7 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Is there a list of cards that can add an AU without issuing a card?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know, but not a huge deal as she is completely on board with shredding the card unless theres a spending limit.. yes the main goal is to repair her credit, but we also want her to get used to responsible credit card use as well, so that when she does eventually get her own that she doesnt go overboard.. Citi Costco for gas, restaurants, and costco paired with a BCE for other groceries should be a good way to start good credit use habits and builld her credit with spending caps that are just over what she normally spends seems like a solid plan.. will talk to my CU to see of that reports and will add her on that if it does to build that relationship for a future joint mortgage with them..but will shred that one. I'm really thinking thats a good combo
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.