cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cash back CC report credit lines to credit bureaus?

tag
seiyafan
Valued Member

Which cash back CC report credit lines to credit bureaus?

I was a long time customer with Citi until they recently forced me to convert to Divident World. To keep the story short, I will not use it again after I learned that Citi does not report credit lines because they have no pre-set credit limit. I think this is the same case for Chase Freedom Visa (correct me if I am wrong). I also have an AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, does it report CL? What other cash back cards do that?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which cash back CC report credit lines to credit bureaus?

@seiyafan wrote:

I was a long time customer with Citi until they recently forced me to convert to Divident World. To keep the story short, I will not use it again after I learned that Citi does not report credit lines because they have no pre-set credit limit. I think this is the same case for Chase Freedom Visa (correct me if I am wrong). I also have an AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, does it report CL? What other cash back cards do that?

This seems to be common with the Visa Signature line.  But the reporting method varies from bank to bank.  BoA reports the same way (highest balance substitutes for CL in Util calculation).

I think that MC has a similar product but I am unfamiliar with it.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 2 of 14
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

I recently got the Citi Diamond Preferred with NPSL. They just reported in the last few days (statement closed on the 12th) and they reported the CL to all three bureaus. Two of the three say Flex spending or something along that line in the description but the actual CL and balance is showing on all three reports. You may want to call Citi about a PC to a card that reports.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 14
seiyafan
Valued Member

It's most likely mentioned elsewhere. Basically I am just looking for a list of cards that report credit limits (a way to improve credit score), then from the list I can decide which card to apply to suit my needs. 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@seiyafan wrote:

It's most likely mentioned elsewhere. Basically I am just looking for a list of cards that report credit limits (a way to improve credit score), then from the list I can decide which card to apply to suit my needs. 

There are more cards that report than cards that don't.  Be careful about interchanging "credit line" and "credit limit."  They are not exactly the same thing.

In my opnion the best cash back cards available that report a credit limit are:

AMEX BCP/BCE (which one depends on your spending)

Chase Freedom

PenFed for gas

Message 5 of 14
seiyafan
Valued Member

Chase Freedom does? I thought Visa Signature card has no preset spending limit. 

Message 6 of 14
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Discover and US Bank both report CL's to the bureaus I have both cards. Chase is different if the Credit line is less than 5K it will report the credit limit other wise the credit limit will not be reported.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 7 of 14
PHILYMIC
Valued Member

@seiyafan wrote:

Chase Freedom does? I thought Visa Signature card has no preset spending limit. 

Chase Freedom is not necessarily a Visa Signature...It is only a Signature if the credit limit is 5,000 and up...Anything below 5,000 constitutes a regular Visa.

My Score:
Experian FICO: 726

In My Wallet:
Elan Financial Rewards Visa (05/10) / Chevron (12/10) / Citi Forward (02/11) / Amex Zync (04/11) / Discover IT (06/11) / Chase Freedom (09/11) / Amex Blue Cash Everyday (09/11)

All done applying...I have my perfect credit portfolio!!!!

Message 8 of 14
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

NPSL is great cause you don't have to worry about requesting a CLI.
Message 9 of 14
seiyafan
Valued Member

I see, so suppose if Chase increases the limit to above 5k, would I be able to ask them to lower it to 5k?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.