cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cc gets the best reward on travel/hotel purchase?

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which cc gets the best reward on travel/hotel purchase?

What about the Amex Costco TE?  They'd be 2% in those categories

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 21 of 35
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@vygotsky wrote:

So the best three in order are Cap1 QS, Fedelity, CSP?

Best is always subjective.  Don't rely on broad generalizations like that.  Spend (as well as other factors) will have an effect on what one would consider best and ordering.

Message 22 of 35
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I pick the CSP. I just looked activities i can purchase with my UR points on my CSP UR account and i was simply amazed! I'm traveling to Puerto Rico next month and i'm gonna using my UR points to purchase activities that i would have spend almost 1k on with 49k UR points.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 23 of 35
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

I pick the CSP. I just looked activities i can purchase with my UR points on my CSP UR account and i was simply amazed! I'm traveling to Puerto Rico next month and i'm gonna using my UR points to purchase activities that i would have spend almost 1k on with 49k UR points.

Welcome to the CSP club ! they do have an lot of partners you can transfer to , i am still deciding how i want to use the 65k points i have maybe flight on UA somewhere :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 24 of 35
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Welcome to the CSP club ! they do have an lot of partners you can transfer to , i am still deciding how i want to use the 65k points i have maybe flight on UA somewhere :-)

Thanks! I've had it for about a month now! It's probably the best thing that has happened to me since i can remember (creditwise)! I can't believe i didn't know it existed till a couple of months ago. So many ways to use your points, so many options!

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 25 of 35
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Just remember for 5% categories on freedom card, they can be transferred to your CSP ur points. It won't be an whole lot during the year but its something. 

Message 26 of 35
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

Just remember for 5% categories on freedom card, they can be transferred to your CSP ur points. It won't be an whole lot during the year but its something. 

Yeah, i use my Freesom card for gas only. I only have a $300 credit limit.

Message 27 of 35
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Yeah, i use my Freesom card for gas only. I only have a $300 credit limit.

I think i have used freedom every quarter this year. First quarter was gas who doesn't buy gas lol, 2nd quarter restaurants eat out quite an lot. 3rd quarter gas again. 4th quarter will be amazon and department stores . 

Message 28 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I think i have used freedom every quarter this year. First quarter was gas who doesn't buy gas lol, 

TheManWhoCan apparently!  And any others who don't use cars

Message 29 of 35
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

You can get a RT ticket to Europe at the Saver level for 60k points. United doesn't screw you with fuel surcharges like BA and others.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.