daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Which credit bureau does Macy's use

They pulled EX for me last October for the AMEX

Message 11 of 15
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Macy's pulled EX for my card apps and for my HP CLIs (sometimes, SP CLIs were available).  Low 600s will get you the store card and at least upper 600s are needed for the AMEX version.  However, if you have a BK on file (esp if Macy's was IIB), you may need to recon.  Macy's used to deny for anything less than 4 years out of BK, but I've heard that has eased for recent applicants.   The card is issued by DSNB, which is a subsidiary of Citibank.

Someone posted that you "shouldn't" get the card if you can get a major CC.   I disagree.   Everyone has different credit needs.   If you frequently shop at Macy's or if you plan on making a major purchase that requires special financing, there are perks to having a Macy's CC as opposed to other cards.   Ultimately, you'd need to evaluate if it fits your needs.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 15
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Macy's pulled EX for my card apps and for my HP CLIs (sometimes, SP CLIs were available).  Low 600s will get you the store card and at least upper 600s are needed for the AMEX version.  However, if you have a BK on file (esp if Macy's was IIB), you may need to recon.  Macy's used to deny for anything less than 4 years out of BK, but I've heard that has eased for recent applicants.   The card is issued by DSNB, which is a subsidiary of Citibank.

Someone posted that you "shouldn't" get the card if you can get a major CC.   I disagree.   Everyone has different credit needs.   If you frequently shop at Macy's or if you plan on making a major purchase that requires special financing, there are perks to having a Macy's CC as opposed to other cards.   Ultimately, you'd need to evaluate if it fits your needs.  

Very good point, the card serves different purposes for different folks and is great for Macy's shoppers. It's always nice when people simply answer the question and stay on topic instead of giving unsolicited advice. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Agree completely.  I love my Macys store card.  I get so many discounts each time I shop there because of this card.  I don't need the Amex version.  

Message 14 of 15
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Agree completely.  I love my Macys store card.  I get so many discounts each time I shop there because of this card.  I don't need the Amex version.  

The AMEX Sync offers are getting fewer and further between.   Between that and the switch to Plenti, the Macy's AMEX isn't nearly as useful as it once was.   As for the store line/version, I definitely agree on the discounts.   Macy's offers discounts for their cardholders almost all the time.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.