Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit bureau does Macy's use

tag
greent
Frequent Contributor

Which credit bureau does Macy's use

Just wondering. Also their store card converts into Amex? Right?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which credit bureau does Macy's use

I applied in early November 2015. It looks like they pulled Experian only. At the time, they had an Amex and a Macy's+only card if you didn't qualify for the Amex. I applied in store with around 750 and received a 6k limit.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can Google CreditBoards and see what data they have for your state. And I wouldn't apply for any store credit cards if you can get regular real credit cards.

Message 3 of 15
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Store cards no longer convert to the Amex version, you would have to apply separately for the Amex and do so in store.
Message 4 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can Google CreditBoards and see what data they have for your state.

Specifcally the Credit Pulls Database.

Message 5 of 15
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Citigroup does the underwriting tor the Macy's cards now--and when I app-ed for my CLI last year they puled EQ for me in Va.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 15
nrm
Frequent Contributor

TU in CA.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trick question do they pull according to your mailing address? what if I was in ny and applied in-store? I'm in CA.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What scores are typically approved
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What scores are typically approved

For the store card, the underwriting is pretty lenient.  I got mine early on in my rebuilding, when I was probably somewhere around 615.  They started me with a $300 CL, but within a couple of months I was able to request it be bumped up to $2500.  It was a hard pull for that, but at the time totally worth it.  

I can't speak to the AMEX scores needed.  I have been able to build a good relationship directly with American Express so haven't applied for any of the licensed cards.  

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.