Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit bureau for Am Exp "Blue"?

tag
srchick
Regular Contributor

Which credit bureau for Am Exp "Blue"?

Curious...which credit bureau is pulled for American Express "Blue", and what should my minimum FICO be? (This is for planning for future app).

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Which credit bureau for Am Exp "Blue"?

@srchick wrote:

Curious...which credit bureau is pulled for American Express "Blue", and what should my minimum FICO be? (This is for planning for future app).

Amex always pulls EX... in rare times they pull all 3.

Message 2 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

As others have said, it's EX (+ others if need be), but which Blue are you referring to?   The basic Amex Blue card really shouldn't be considered any more, the Amex Everyday is better in every way and has the same $0 Annual Fee.

If it is Blue Cash, Blue Cash Everyday, Blue Cash Preferred, Blue Sky etc, that's different!

Message 3 of 8
srchick
Regular Contributor

Actually upon investigation, I'm now thinking of the Amex "Everyday".  FICO requirement??

Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@srchick wrote:

Actually upon investigation, I'm now thinking of the Amex "Everyday".  FICO requirement??

amex pulls an EX and then they have a magic computer that formulates it the way they want it so no exact score because I have seen as low is like the 650 but of course over 700 is better chance but just depends on baddies

Message 5 of 8
Focused10
Established Contributor

I just got the AMEX Everyday and my EX was around 720. Good luck!

;;;
BCE: $2K | Amazon: $5K | BBVAmex: $7.5K | AAdvntge: $8.5K | AMEX: $30K | Frdm: $10K | Citi: $6.2K | FNB: $10K | NASA: $25K | CapOne QS: $10K | Chase Marriott: $12K ~ Garden 3.2.16
Message 6 of 8
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

I was approved for a $8300 limit for the AMEX Blue Cash Everyday non-Preferred with an EX score of 724.  It has gone down one point after the inquiry to 723.  From what i've read, the Everyday and Blue Cash Everyday seem to have to similar credit requirements.  Indeed, I got offers for both cards at the same time.  It's just a matter of whether you want MR points or cashback.

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 7 of 8
srchick
Regular Contributor

With my current progress I expect to be at 700 by October/November of this year, so that fits into my goal of reaching for the AmExp in the spring of 2015. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.