cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit bureau (s) does Capital One (Cap1) soft pull when you ask for CLI requests?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit bureau (s) does Capital One (Cap1) soft pull when you ask for CLI requests?

We all know that for any Capital One credit card product (Platinum, QS, Venture) application they are a brutal three credit bureau puller.

But the real million dollar question is what credit bureau (s) does Cap1 pull when you hit the Luv button online or contact the EO office directly for a CLI request? 

Is it a location based CB puller system?

Is it all three bureaus again on the SP?

Is it only one CB? If so, which one?

Does the Cap1 EO office and the online Luv button pull the same credit bureau (s) on the SP CLI?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which credit bureau (s) does Capital One (Cap1) soft pull when you ask for CLI requests?

To be honest, it is impossible to tell because I have soft pulls from Cap1 on all 3 bureaus. Some months they SP me several times on each one, other times they SP me just on TU. It is so random with them there is no way to predict.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which credit bureau (s) does Capital One (Cap1) soft pull when you ask for CLI requests?

I'm not talking about the random SP Cap1 does on a person. When a Cap1 user initiates a CLI request online or from the EO office that SP will show up on a credit report.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not talking about the random SP Cap1 does on a person. When a Cap1 user initiates a CLI request online or from the EO office that SP will show up on a credit report.

I have so many SPs on my reports from Cap1 that it's impossible for me to tell which ones came from a CLI request, or which bureau they pulled for that request. They SP me for everything - BT requests, CLI, account combination, breathing, etc. Sorry I am no help on this one. Hopefully someone who they don't SP so frequently can help you better.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustMe3

Sounds like someone has a Capital One SP stalker! Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

Sounds like someone has a Capital One SP stalker! Smiley Surprised

Ha ha, I sure feel like it. Capital One and Sychrony both stalk my credit reports like crazy Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 13
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We all know that for any Capital One credit card product (Platinum, QS, Venture) application they are a brutal three credit bureau puller.

But the real million dollar question is what credit bureau (s) does Cap1 pull when you hit the Luv button online or contact the EO office directly for a CLI request? 

Is it a location based CB puller system?

Is it all three bureaus again on the SP?

Is it only one CB? If so, which one?

Does the Cap1 EO office and the online Luv button pull the same credit bureau (s) on the SP CLI?

Back in the day when my scores were much lower, I used to get the "Based on your credit lines with Capital One your score is too low" denial reason when hitting the love button. The score they supplied on the denial letter was EQ and never any other report.

Hope that helps.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just looked and all of mine reference my EQ score for the denials.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish they'd stalk me. They haven't SP me since February and I've got a 12 mos CLI coming up Monday with a 60 point boost to EQ.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@

cc8v0.jpg

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.