cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit card do I use for this purchase?

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Which credit card do I use for this purchase?

I was thinking about buying these boots:

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_indy_boot_high_top_blucher_workboot_brown_chrome_excel/pv-ald-...

Which card can give me the most points? and any coupon codes I can use?

Thanks guys I just want to mak sure i use the right card for my next purchase.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which credit card do I use for this purchase?

What cards do you have? If it's on Amazon, then Sallie Mae Mastercard will give you the most points. If not, you can use a 2% card like the Citi Double Cash or use a 5% grocery card to buy a $500 visa gift card.

Message 2 of 13
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I would probably use Citi DC or Discover It (if you have the 2x CB promo). Or if The Shoe Mart counts as a Department Store, you can use AMEX BCE/BCP.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 3 of 13
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Barclays arrival Plus or Discover it.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought you were trying to stop buying shoes?

Message 5 of 13
Callandra
Valued Contributor

$522 for shoes...*head explodes* (I don't think I've ever spent over $100 on a pair of shoes)

But errm, yeah, what cards do you have? It'll probably have to go on a general spend card..

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 6 of 13
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

$522 for shoes...*head explodes* (I don't think I've ever spent over $100 on a pair of shoes)

But errm, yeah, what cards do you have? It'll probably have to go on a general spend card..

I have so many it would take a while but some of my main cards,  Discover it, amex blue cash, amex every day, amex platinum card, chase saphire preffered, ritz carlton etc..

Message 7 of 13
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

these shoes can last me an easy 8 years. That is approximately 15 cents a day for 8 years. I can ask random people every day if I can borrow a dime and another person a nickle and they would be free in 8 years.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoshNurse wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

these shoes can last me an easy 8 years. That is approximately 15 cents a day for 8 years. I can ask random people every day if I can borrow a dime and another person a nickle and they would be free in 8 years.

No... you'd then owe random people $522. I don't think borrow means what you think it means...

Message 9 of 13
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No... you'd then owe random people $522. I don't think borrow means what you think it means...

lol Smiley Very Happy

Hey which bank of america card is the one in your signature?  I have 2 of them but mine are both red.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.