cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit card is your daily driver?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which credit card is your daily driver?

It rotates between Marriott Rewards Premier, CSP, and Amex Delta R.

Message 31 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have 1 card right now - QS1 and I ran all my household spend last month through it and hit the ceiling at $1500 limit, paid it off (almost) by due date. I couldn't recharge it again because we are closing this week and I'm conserving cash. But I did earn about $30 in rewards just this month. Once we close I'll app for other cards so having to use just this one card won't be so bothersome. Definitely going for NFCU rewards. Rewards stucture the same but we will likely get a higher limit. With no AF that will probably be our go to. I'll probably still use the qs1 just to earn enough rewards to negate the AF. Once I have more cards and we've been paying on our mortgage a few months, I won't make decisions based on score but finances. Right now I have to leave a small balance reporting on one card (I also have a Home Depot card that I'm closing as soon as other cards are avail to us) and that baby just sits at zero. I'd prefer to PIF and not leave any balance if we're getting charged interest. Also if we end up qualifying for any intro 0% interest offers, I'll take it and ride it out and not care about score drop, only that we are borrowing cash for free. Until I need to use credit again and then I'll PIF.
Message 32 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom is my everything card right now. Moving all spending from the store cards to that for Groceries and also bills.
Message 33 of 52
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Right now amtrak. The upcomming point value of 2.625-2.9 outweighs the DC.

Really?  Good to know, thanks.  I was too lazy to click on the link or read about it. 

Message 34 of 52
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Right now Chase Southwest and Amex PRG in order to meet spend bonuses on both.

In general, though, I use my QS for daily purchases, Freedom during 5% categories like gas and restaurants, Venture for big purchases. Barclays Rewards/WF Platinum for cellphone bills.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 35 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gas and food from gas stations are my most "frequent" charges and 5% from Sallie Mae takes the cake. 

My next most used card is Chase AARP for dining. 

Discover IT for amazon purchases is closely behind.  My other cards get very limited spend. 

Message 36 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa with a sprinkle of Discover.

Message 37 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyday to meet spend. BCE for groceries and gas. Discover for online shopping (edit: and rotating categories!). Citi ThankYou Preferred (approved today :]) for dining and concert tickets. 

Message 38 of 52
SuperGotenks
New Contributor

Citi Double Cash... Mainly because of the 0% APR til Dec 2016.

$40,000 - Amazon Prime Rewards Visa
$35,000 - Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa
$34,500 - Citi Double Cash Mastercard
$30,000 - American Express Cash Magnet
$21,000 - U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa
$20,800 - Comenity Playstation Visa
$20,000 - Capital One Quciksilver Mastercard
$14,500 - Discover it Cash Back
$7,500 - Google Store
Message 39 of 52
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Whichever card I'd just received... and right now it's Amex SPG. Smiley Tongue

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.