Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit card is your goal?!

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Which credit card is your goal?!

I don't have an ultimate goal card, probably never will.   In 2 years when my CR is clean of chargeoffs, I will probably get a few better ones, and close a few.   Once you have enough credit, and decent rewards or perks, the concept of "goal card" is meaningless to me.  

Message 41 of 45
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Penfed Platinum Rewards

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 42 of 45
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

I don't have an ultimate goal card, probably never will.   In 2 years when my CR is clean of chargeoffs, I will probably get a few better ones, and close a few.   Once you have enough credit, and decent rewards or perks, the concept of "goal card" is meaningless to me.  

+1. I don't have an ultimate goal card either. I have cards that work well for me, and if my situation changes in the future then so will the cards in my wallet. Once you realize you can be approved for pretty much any card you want, the idea of a goal seems to fade away.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 43 of 45
danielodonoll
New Contributor

First premier.
Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 44 of 45
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Don't really have a "goal" card, since I've got some darned nice cards that suit my needs.

I do, however, have a few "lust cards" Smiley Tongue

1 - JP Morgan Palladium

2 - CITI Prestige Card

3 - Merrill Lynch Accolades

4 - AMEX Centurion

But just cannot justify those AF for any of them, at least not right now.  Truthfully, if I could get a Palladium, I think I'd pretty much cancel all my other cards and just use that!

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.