Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit card provides best credit score

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Which credit card provides best credit score

@kdm31091 wrote:

Citi provides EQ, Discover and Barclay do TU, Amex does EX...

These features are certainly nice, but I don't personally find them incredibly useful. The scores update very slowly (you can't really complain, since it's free) and it's literally just your score, no report information. Since credit decisions aren't based on just score alone, I'd rather see the big picture vs just what my score is, since the number itself is not all that meaningful once you are in a certain "bucket". That said, the benefit is nice to have.

True, once a month is snail slow.

One that hasn't been called out in this thread is the Chase Slate Dashboard. Provides an EX FICO score, as well as Payment History count and percentage on time, Utilization %, Oldest Account length, number of INQ during a time period, and count of open accounts.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 21 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

Fico scores can be anything on a given day imho.   Its whatever  the fico god's dictate that day.  I recently got a loan through Navy Fed.  I received a letter from them telling me my score when they ran my credit for the loan.  They said it was 703 on equifax,  but on here it says it is 730 equifax.  The only ones that are together are my scores on my walmart and discover card and my transunion score on here.

The one thing i will say about the fico scores is they have many different kinds. I think citi and here offer similar 08 eq score, and most loans/mortgage lenders use an 04 based score. 

I am basially pretty meh on fico scores in general , i would look at whats on my credit report and see what i can fix on there then worry about the finicky fico scores out there. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 26
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I would pay good money to be able to monitor them all in one place in real time and be able to select the score I want to see. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ways2go wrote:

Fico scores can be anything on a given day imho.   Its whatever  the fico god's dictate that day.  I recently got a loan through Navy Fed.  I received a letter from them telling me my score when they ran my credit for the loan.  They said it was 703 on equifax,  but on here it says it is 730 equifax.  The only ones that are together are my scores on my walmart and discover card and my transunion score on here.

Navy uses Fico 04, the scores here are Fico 08. Different models, different scores. Your Walmart and Discover match here because they are all Fico 08.

Message 24 of 26
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can get a Transunion FICO 08 from: Discover, Barclay, Walmart, BofA.

You can get a Transunion FICO 08 Bankcard (slightly different scoring) from Merrick. (score range 250 to 900)

You can get an Experian FICO 08 from AMEX.

You can get an Experian FICO 08 Bankcard (again, slightly different scoring) from FNBO. (score range 250 to 900)

You can get an Equifax FICO 08 Bankcard from Citi. (score range 250 to 900)

Among others, of course, but those are probably the most well known providers that offer a score that isn't a FAKO.

Very nice summary - thanks !

OP... Cap1 is offering Vantage 3 scores and therefore a bit higher for most customers Smiley Happy

Point of clarification:

1) Cap One provides a TransUnion New Accounts 3.0 score (range 150 to 950). Totally different model than VantageScore 3.0

2) Cap One has announced they will be switching to Vantage Score 3.0 from TU (score range 300 to 850)

Once the switch is complete your Cap One and CK scores from TransUnion should match up

Thanks... I guess I was dreaming because I thought I read Vantage3 on the message Cap1  sent... you see how much attention I pay to these scores not even reading the messages proberly. Smiley Embarassed

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Citi provides EQ, Discover and Barclay do TU, Amex does EX...

These features are certainly nice, but I don't personally find them incredibly useful. The scores update very slowly (you can't really complain, since it's free) and it's literally just your score, no report information. Since credit decisions aren't based on just score alone, I'd rather see the big picture vs just what my score is, since the number itself is not all that meaningful once you are in a certain "bucket". That said, the benefit is nice to have.

Sure, but if you're looking for the full report, you might as well just go with CK and get your weekly free TU and EX reports.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.