Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit card(s) do you miss?

tag
dwz55
Regular Contributor

Which credit card(s) do you miss?

For me I really miss the Platinum Cash from HSBC 5% on Groceries Drugstores Gas and Health related stuff. After Capital One took over it became just a 1% card which isn't useful for me at all.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
travisr0
Contributor

Re: Which credit card(s) do you miss?

Miss one of my old USAA cards, however with that being said didn't really have any type of rewards on it just nostalgic.
Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 2 of 9
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@dwz55 wrote:

For me I really miss the Platinum Cash from HSBC 5% on Groceries Drugstores Gas and Health related stuff. After Capital One took over it became just a 1% card which isn't useful for me at all.

I really just got into the credit game in 2012, so I haven't cancelled any cards that I miss or had any cards nerfed on me yet. So I guess I don't yet regret closing any cards, or any card getting nerfed.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Miss my HSBC America Express Co-Branded Card. Included $10K CL and 7.9% Apr no AF. Disappeared when the account was sold to Cap1 and I immediately closed it (no Cap1).
Message 4 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't really miss my TD Bank Easy Rewards card, because it's a mediocre 1% card (after the first 6 months), but I probably should have just kept it SD because it had a pretty low APR (13.99) which isn't "low" by all standards but it was definitely my lowest. Should have just kept it open for that reason. Oh well.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I miss my Centurion card.  Those were the days.

oh wait, never did have one.  Need to cut out the whiskey.  Makes me think I'm Bill Gates in my dreams

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think mine was the origianal GM Credit Card when HSBC had it. 5% back on everything I believe and I don't think it was capped.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish80 - Wasn't there a great football coach that said you have to image the game in your mind?! Maybe a Bill Gates is out there for you?  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:
Irish80 - Wasn't there a great football coach that said you has to image the game in your mind?! Maybe a Bill Gates is out there for you Smiley Wink

Exactly!  Guess I won't give up the whiskey 😀

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.