Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit card should I apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit card should I apply for?

Hello and thank you in advance for your help,

Currently, my TU score is 627 and my EQ score is 727. I am considering applying for a Capital one quicksilver one, Capital one journey student, or Discover IT for student card. What are my approval odds for these cards and which one would you suggest applying for.

Thanks again

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which credit card should I apply for?

Are your scores Fico or Credit Karma?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

These scores are from Credit Karma

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those aren't reliable, qualifiable scores unfortunately. You can start by going to Discover's credit scorecard site and registering for your true Experian Fico. It's free. Let us know what you find.

Message 4 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I'd suggest getting your FICO 8 scores, particularly with the big gap between the two VantageScores you list. You can do that by signing up for a $1 trial at CreditCheck Total, then canceling within the trial period. That'll make it easier to gauge your approval odds.

Specifically regarding Capital One, I'd suggest the Platinum over the QuicksilverOne. While the Platinum doesn't have rewards, after you build up some history, it's much easier to product-change into a full no-fee Quicksilver.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited: Just saw those are CK scores. I totally concur with what everyone else is saying about getting your true FICO scores first! 

I would imagine if your EX score is anywhere close to your EQ, you'd be good to go for the Discover It Student. Pretty cool about the $20 per year cashback for good grades! Sounds like they have some other good perks too, plus 5% categories and cashback match. I don't think you can go wrong!

Good luck, and let us know what you decide and what happens. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.